all very confusing

rachelt

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi
I am new to this site, and in my 3rd month ttc #1. Have madly irregular cycles ranging recently from 32 - 56.

Just wanted some opinions on this months goings on for me.....

Clearblue gave me smiley ovulation face 13 days ago - cheapy ebay (fertility plan) didn't pick up any ovulation.
Bd the day after smiley face.
Been peeing on cheapy ebay sticks (again fertility plan) which always seems to give incredibly faints + if you squint and look at them in certain light.
In the last couple days, the incredibly faint lines have been more obvious and with hint of pink. BUT, am not sure if checked too late, ie after 5 mins. Although, on previous days with these tests there was no pink ever.

Today, back to a barely there line, can't tell if any pink.

The wierdest thing is my temp. It went up fractionally after ov. and 3 days ago has gone up again, but much higher - a really clear difference and stayed up so far. I also had cramps and spotting yesterday, but no AF.

Last thing, I have developed thrush over the last week which I haven't had for years.

What do people think?!
Am concerned I actually ovulated a couple of days ago, hence really clear temp change. But surely clearblue smiley 2 weeks ago was accurate?
Have no idea when AF due cos of mad cycle.

Never thought ttc would be sooooo hard emotionally.
Hi and all the best to everyone!:hug:

i have had 2 sets of fertility plan opks and i raved about them cause their was a faint line at one stage of each of my cycles so i 'thought' that was when i ovulated (altho since learnt a faint line is still neg and i also got no lines throughout other times of the month), this cycle i ordered preseed and got 25 free ovulation sticks and i started on cd9and have lines every day since

That's very odd, so fertility plan's were undersensitive and the others are oversensitive do you think?

You tried the fertility plan preg tests? Sure they always give faint pos. :hissy:

Hi,
I used fertility plan's ovulation sticks and according to them i never ovulate....ever, i also used there pregnancy test sticks and according to them im not pregnant, however i did also get some shop tests and they show i am pregnant so i must have ovulated!
Im about to message fertility plan to point out to them that there stuff doesn't seem to work.

Good luck TTC hun xxx

i have used the pg tests but then i havent had any to compare with but i know alot of girls on here say how good they are

i can only tell you from my experience with the opk from fertility plan the other thing is this time i have compared them with the ones i use now i peed on a fertility plan one and got absolutely nothing not even holiding up to the light then i used my one now and got a clear faint line...so thats how i base it at the moment

Yeah, doesn't TTC sound so great in theory! I think if you have another set of raised temps, that's called a tri-phasic cycle. It is often seen in pregnany, but sometimes seen in people who aren't. Fertilityfriend.com has info on this. Good luck :) I hope you get a :bfp: soon.

Just peed on 2 ovulation sticks (ebay & clearblue non dig) and got stong lines on both. Both just slightly less than test lines. Would usually assume I'm near to ovulating, but got smiley on clearblue digi 13 days ago. CONFUSED!!!! :hissy:

I am so hoping the CB digi is right as I had a smiley face on mine on Friday, even though this was early in my cycle as I was only CD 11. the reason I got those was because I didn't want the whole squinting at lines etc. Don't forget a pos opk cold also be a pos HPT I would do a :test:

Best of luck and for both of us I hope the CB digi was right and you get a :bfp:

All the best to you too Bebe. :hug: Here's to a :bfp: asap.

I guess opk's pick up hcg do they? How common is it to get very strong lines on opk's 2 weeks after ovulation?
Getting more internet cheapies in post tomorrow so we'll see. :shrug:

I would do a pg test and if BFN I would BD and presume you are now OVing! Good luck!

maybe i should assume I'm ov'ing, trouble is, no Bd tonight as hub is working late, would tomorrow be too late? Damn thrush means bd'ing not so much fun at the mo.
Can i ovulate twice in a month tho?????? :headspin:

As I understand it you can't O twice but you can have more than one LH Surge which is what the opk picks up on. If you look at peeonastick.com they show how an opk can pick up pregnancy hormone HCG. Also so its difficult to know which it is unless you do a HPT and if the first opk was right you are now 12 DPO and could test. If the HPT is :bfn: then I would also assume you are about to O in the next 24 hours or so. In which case :sex: tomorrow could still catch it. I am a poas addict so I would defo test, but thats just me I am not the most patient of people when it comes to these things.

Just going into the 2ww and I am determined not to test early or symptom spot hopefully i won't cave.

Best of luck and I think either way is good news:hug:

Yes, you can ovulate twice in a cycle. There was a study that came out recently about this (I can't remember the name). I think it's more common to relase the second egg within 24hrs of the first, but there can also be two completely seperate ovs (but this is not very common). It is probably more like that this a freak LH surge, or your first LH surge didn't result in ov. No, tomorrow wouldn't be too late at all. You ov between 12-36hrs after the pos OPK, so perfect. Maybe do another OPK and see if it gets stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->