allergic reaction or just coincidence?

Twinkl3

DD - 2014 ♡ DS - 2018
Reaction score
So today my 10mo DD has been to nursery and she has had 3 meals there.

When we picked her up we was recapped on how her day went and what she had to eat. One thing I was stunned at is that she had marmite on toast for breakfast and enjoyed it, DH was in his element as I can't stand it!

We got her home and gave her a little snack and then it was bedtime, as I was undressing her I noticed rashes on her legs, tummy, kneck and chin. The rashes on her body were not very big as such but her neck and chin looked worse.

The foods she had in nursery are things she has had at home (chicken dinner and sandwiches with fillings she has had before) but she has never had marmite, which made me question if it could be linked?

I know marmite contains yeast however she has never been sensitive to any form of bread foods before.

Could it just be a coincidence? Should I tell nursery to avoid giving it her again? Do I try a tiny bit just to rule out allergy?

I'm lost as to what it could be and what to do. Any help would be appreciated :)

You could try but do during doctor hours. I do this when trying peanut butter etc

I would probably just offer it again and see how she does. It sounds like a pretty mild reaction if it even was one and maybe related more to something on the skin than anything. My daughter had a suspected allergic reaction when she was about 7 months old and her whole face swelled up, eyes got red and swollen and she had welts all over her, and she projectile vomited a lot. It was pretty dramatic! If her breathing was fine and there was no obvious swelling in the face and mouth, I wouldn't worry too much. But I'd definitely offer it to her again when you're around and just see how she does. If it happens again, I'd see your GP. After we had two bad reactions (to pumpkin seed butter, of all things!), our GP recommended waiting until after a year and trying again as most sensitivities disappear by then anyway. We tried it again around 14 months and she was totally fine, no allergies at all. They may have you do the same, but I wouldn't avoid it yet until you know there's a reason to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->