Allergies developed since being pregnant

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
Since being pregnant (am 7 weeks) have noticed I gave become more and more allergic to my dogs :-(
Am seriously hoping its just to do with the pregnancy and is something that will get better.
Has anyone else developed allergies simce being pregnant

I'm replying as I'm sneezing a thousand times. Seriously, I can't go through the day without sneezing without end! At work, people keep looking at me and freaking out because they think I'm getting sick. I can't tell them the truth, since I don't want them to know yet... but, everything in this office triggers my allergies now!

Yes I get this too. My hands crack and get sore from my usual hand soap, my face becomes super sensitive and red/blotchy if i put anything on it, and the sneezing!! OMG I sneeze at anything when pregnant! With ds2 I even became allergic to my own bed for a few months, lol.

My congestion keeps getting worse. I first noticed it around week 8. I'm almost week 13 and it's much worse, ughhh. I've turned into a mouth-breather. I even snore at night sometimes.

It's really dry where I live so that doesn't help. I noticed when I was on vacation, weeks 9-11, my congestion wasn't nearly as bad because it was much more humid (by the ocean).

I also take diclectin which has an anti-allergy med in it but it doesn't seem to stop the congestion. My pregnancy app says Vitamin C can also help with congestion (no idea why).

I've came out in giant hives today! No idea what I've reacted to though, usually its oranges but I've haven't been near one...

Its awful isnt it, really hoping it goes soon, my chest goes tight and nose is so itchy and keeps running

Yes, my eczema got a lot worse when I was pregnant with my first. Your immune system literally changes a bit when you're pregnant, some women will notice it more than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->