almost 11 months - is he nursing enough?

ButterCup17

Reaction score
My ds is 10.5 months old and has been ebf. He is a great eater and also does well drinking water. However, I'm afraid he's not nursing enough. What is normal for this age? I offer throughout the day ( I'm a sahm) but he often refuses. Basically he nurses when he wakes up, twice during the day, and then before bed. The feed in the morning is the longest but the others he is literally done nursing in about two minutes! He gets easily distracted but even when I do it in a dark quiet room he still just doesn't do it for long. Is this normal? Is he getting enough? Should I be supplementing? I really don't want to do formula since we have made it this long without it. I want to bf for one year but he just seems to have lost interest :(

I wouldn't worry. I've noticed with both of mine that once they have started solids and are a little older, they don't nurse as often and the doctor said that it's normal. I wouldn't supplement because there's no reason to. Also, you'd be surprised as to how much milk they can chug in a short amount of time when they're older babies - they can get it more efficiently, they're experts now :).

Thank you so much! I've really been worrying about this!

My LO is just over 10 months, and she nurses 4 times a day, the exact same as you described. She doesn't seem hungry for more, so I assume she's okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->