Almost 13 weeks, with chlamydia. Please read - *Update page 3*

FifiTrixibell

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for some insight into my worrisome issue right now.

Let me start by saying my partner and I have been together for 2 years now - prior to entering the relationship with him, I had not have sexual contact of any kind with anyone for 3 years. My partners last sexual partner before myself, was 6 months prior to us.

This morning, I got a call from my OB's office to tell me that I tested positive for chlamydia. I am devastated. I'm worried about a whole host of issues, but first and foremost, my concern is my unborn child - I asked if this will effect my baby and was told the answer is no, as I have a prescription for an antibiotic waiting at the pharmacy for me to pick up ASAP. There will be no damage to my baby as long as the infection is treated, and I will be tested again in 3 weeks time at my next routine appointment - just to be sure it has cleared up.

If you were in my position, the question on your lips would be 'did he cheat on me?' - and that is exactly my second concern, after baby. I am out of my mind. Of course, last year with my routine pap smear I tested negative for everything they took cultures for - including all manner of STD's, which is routine for my gynecologists' practice.

I have spoken to my partner about this and he is adamant that there has been nobody but me these past 2 years, and a half year before me, nobody.

In my mind, I'm thinking that if I tested negative last year, then yes, he must have cheated on me. I'm crushed.

What do I do? Where do I turn? Have you ever had to deal with this?

Just to update - as I mentioned in another comment on my thread, my partner was being tested on Friday. The results came in today and were negative (Chlamydia wasn't the only thing he was tested for, all results were negative, too.)

So, I am a lot less worried that there has been any foul play going on. I spoke to my OB this afternoon and she was apologetic as there has been a mix up, most definitely a false positive as opposed to catching it without sexual contact (i.e., public toilet seats! - this is a myth.)

I'm very relieved. But I knew in my heart and my mind I didn't have any reasons to doubt my partner.

Thank you bunches to the ladies that have been so supportive!

Ill be honest and i hope nobody judges me but in high school i was with a guy for 4 years i was a virgin when we met and after a year i chose him asy first he claims i was his as well. As you my parents took me to obgyn regularly and i got bc and all test done negative a year later i tested positive for herpes an incurable disese i was devestated an as you sure he had cheated cause i had not. He denied it but in the end i got truth he did. Its really up to you ii cant think of any other way you could get it. Its your choice whether you can forgive or not. Gl and glad baby is ok.

I'd ask him to be tested. If he's negative then that'll clear up a lot - and you can just assume you picked it up from using a public restroom (I do believe that is a possibility). If he's positive then I'm assuming that conversation could go back and forth - who gave it to who if neither of you cheated.

Do you trust him? Has there ever been a doubt in your mind? I'd be furious, I mean beyond irate if that happened to me. I'm so sorry this is happening.

Well hed have to be tested produce negative test results before I believed a word he said. Im sorry this has happened what a worry xx

Just to check, you say they tested you for lots of stuff last year but does it specifically say you don't have Chylamydia. They may not have done it for whatever reason and it would be good to check.

Ill be honest and i hope nobody judges me but in high school i was with a guy for 4 years i was a virgin when we met and after a year i chose him asy first he claims i was his as well. As you my parents took me to obgyn regularly and i got bc and all test done negative a year later i tested positive for herpes an incurable disese i was devestated an as you sure he had cheated cause i had not. He denied it but in the end i got truth he did. Its really up to you ii cant think of any other way you could get it. Its your choice whether you can forgive or not. Gl and glad baby is ok.

I'm sorry for your situation and having to deal with that. Thanks for your input. I'm trying to stay as calm as possible, which is not easy at all. I've read about a lot of pregnant women testing positive for chlamydia, which has turned out to be a false positive. Generally they say that symptoms in men would usually show up within 6 months. He tells me he's had no symptoms. The only way I can see to shed some light on the situation is for him to be tested as well, if it comes back negative, then perhaps I am "fortunate" and was tested false positive. If it comes back negative, then we have real issues.

Thanks again.

Just to check, you say they tested you for lots of stuff last year but does it specifically say you don't have Chylamydia. They may not have done it for whatever reason and it would be good to check.

Yes, I was tested for chlamydia last year as well - that was negative.

I think him being tested is a great place to start. All that happened to me about 9 years ago i have put it behind me and have a great and honest df now. Really hope it was a false positive and you guys can put all this behind you :)

I'd ask him to be tested. If he's negative then that'll clear up a lot - and you can just assume you picked it up from using a public restroom (I do believe that is a possibility). If he's positive then I'm assuming that conversation could go back and forth - who gave it to who if neither of you cheated.

Do you trust him? Has there ever been a doubt in your mind? I'd be furious, I mean beyond irate if that happened to me. I'm so sorry this is happening.

Him being tested also is a priority, as you said, if he tests negative it will clear up a lot. I also believe there's other possibilities as to how I've contracted chlamydia.

I have always trusted him, no questions asked. But now this has come up - my heart and my mind are all over the place, I'm worried sick. Until I get some concrete proof that he does not have chlamydia and I didn't contract it from him, then I have to doubt him. I am devastated.

Now that you are pregnant you just can't take any chances right? IF he did cheat and that's how you got chlamydia you now have 2 bigger concerns. What else could he have contracted (and might moving forward if he cannot be trusted) that can put you and the baby at risk and if he's having unprotected sex could he father another child?

I feel terrible for your situation but also feel that a treatable infection is almost a silver lining in the grand scheme of things that could have happened. At least this you can take appropriate actions and move on from if you choose or if it's validated. I would definitely have him tested to make sure he's not carrying anything else that may be dormant. I hope it all works out for you:hugs:

So sorry you're going through this hun. I hope you get it sorted. Are you sure your partner didn't have chlamydia before he met you and it's gone un noticed until now? Like other ladies have said defo get him checked too x

Firstly I'm so terribly sorry that all this mistrust and worry and stress has been put on you right now while you're dealing with all the pregnancy stuff too! Sending :hugs:
Loads of insightful thoughts on this page here and sorry to the others who have gone through this as well.
I don't mean to give a false thought here or indeed add more uncertainty.. but is it at all possible that last year you tested negative because you had not yet picked up the disease from him? And he got it before you were together? It's not 100% likely that you will catch an STI from someone and I don't know how likely it is with chlamydia, so maybe there is a small chance that he had it and you happened not to catch it within the first year or so and then picked it up after your test? Especially if you were using condoms well.
Sorry, I'm probably just completely wrong and a year is way too long to not have caught it.. I know it's much more likely that something else happened, I just wanted to share that thought.

<3

^^That is a good point. It is possible you just didn't catch it right away.

Were you using projection for the most part when being intimate with him? And only, obviously, started to not use protection when TTC?

Interesting artical about the transmission rate and dormancy of chlamydia-

https://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/52803.htm

I've read ALOT that pregnant women often get a false positive for chlymidia. I also tested positive but I highly doubt I actually had it. Your best bet is to just take the antibiotic and make sure he is treated and tested as well to ease your mind
Stay positive dear.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I also found out I had Chlamydia. I had just had my normal pap and std screen 8 months before at my 6 week post partum check from my son. I have been with my husband for 6 years and he definitely hasn't cheated on me....he never had the chance between work and being home with our son. ( or I'm at least 99.9% sure). I never had any symptoms and neither did my husband. I did however call his doctor and get him on antibiotics for it so we wouldn't pass it back and forth.

you cannot get chlamydia from a toilette seat, its also not one of those std's that can be dormant for 20 yrs then just all the sudden act up...it would be pretty recent within i would say less then 6 months time, ..im guessing he slept with someone at some point if you didnt..
you also cannot get a false positive or false negative for the test as they swab you and they see the organism in the microscope...

im sorry :(

i would definitely tell him to get tested as he needs treatment as well....

what a stinky sad situation ((hug))

I'm so sorry hun. in terms of the infection, as long as it is treated your baby will be fine - from what I've learnt, it's more the delivery period that it causes more problems, so it's agood thing you can treat it way before that. :)

Either way your partner has to be tested to ensure he won't re-infect you for a start.

I think we could all look at possible other reasons but the likelyhood doesn't look so great. :(

Stay strong, and I hope you get to the bottom of this. Don't feel ashamed, these things just happen!

I've read ALOT that pregnant women often get a false positive for chlymidia. I also tested positive but I highly doubt I actually had it. Your best bet is to just take the antibiotic and make sure he is treated and tested as well to ease your mind
Stay positive dear.

I've also been reading about pregnant women getting false positives for Chlamydia. The test itself is not nearly as accurate as it should be, guidelines state that it's 90-95% accurate when fluids are collected via swabs from the cervix. It isn't just pregnant women that get false positives, non-pregnant women get them too.

My antibiotic has been taken, my partner is getting tested tomorrow. I have never had any cause for concern as regards his fidelity, and now that the dust has settled and I'm more calm, I know in my head and my heart that there has been no foul play going on with him (or me, as stated). There are too many tangible reasons as to how nothing could have happened with him and someone else, and also too many emotional factors.

Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->