Almost 13 weeks, with chlamydia. Please read - *Update page 3*

I hope its all innocent and a mistake. As another poster said were you using protection before, if you were using condoms surely that could have protected you from catching it and he had got before you were together and then when ttc you caught it.

I really feel for you, I'd be devistated and this pregnancy is a time you want to enjoy!
Pandi77's article says there's only a 25% chance of contracting it during one time of unprotected sex with an infected person (suggesting it'd be contracted during multiple engagements) and from what the internet reads there's no chance of getting it from a toilet seat.

That said, I hope this is all a big mistake somehow. When he gets tested, is he going to show you anything from his doctor or are you going to attend the follow up appointment? If he has indeed cheated and snuck one over on you, he's done a really good job from the sounds of it, you speak highly of him and I can tell you love him dearly. Just make sure there's no way he can hide results or alter documents in order to cover up what would be a life-altering monumental mistake. If he has pulled one over, he's been very sly and smart about it and you'll want to ensure you have some sort of control in getting the test results with a third party present. I hope he hasn't cheated but if he has, he's boinking strangers without a condom-that's horrific for you. No matter what happens, if you need support or someone to talk to we are always here for you. You don't deserve this! :hugs:

That said, I hope this is all a big mistake somehow. When he gets tested, is he going to show you anything from his doctor or are you going to attend the follow up appointment? If he has indeed cheated and snuck one over on you, he's done a really good job from the sounds of it, you speak highly of him and I can tell you love him dearly. Just make sure there's no way he can hide results or alter documents in order to cover up what would be a life-altering monumental mistake. If he has pulled one over, he's been very sly and smart about it and you'll want to ensure you have some sort of control in getting the test results with a third party present. I hope he hasn't cheated but if he has, he's boinking strangers without a condom-that's horrific for you. No matter what happens, if you need support or someone to talk to we are always here for you. You don't deserve this! :hugs:

Thank you! Yes, I've already told him that I want documentation of the tests being done and when the results come back. He has no issues with that and is just as keen for me to see the results as he is to get them, so we can put this behind us, should things turn out the way I feel they will.

It's just mystifying, I still feel crushed, I never thought I would ever be in a situation like this. He was so upset leaving for work this morning, I didn't talk to him. I'm just. I don't know. This is hard. I would not want anyone to go through this!

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! I don't know much about STD's and passing them around (guess I've just been naïve) however, if you have it and ya'll have been having unprotected sex wouldn't he test positive for it too? Which would put you back at square one of who gave it to whom? Either way I think he needs to be tested, if its positive he needs the antibiotic too, and then you have to ask yourself if he did cheat Is he genuinely sorry from the bottom of his heart for the mistake he made? Can you forgive him and 100% forgive him without bringing this mistake up and throwing it in his face in the future?

I hope its all innocent and a mistake. As another poster said were you using protection before, if you were using condoms surely that could have protected you from catching it and he had got before you were together and then when ttc you caught it.

Yes we were using protection before we started trying to conceive. We used protection for approximately 13 months I would say.

I'm popping in from baby club because your thread caught my attention. I'm so sorry u are going through this. I think everyone pretty much summed it up, you need to get him tested ASAP and see the results. 2 possibilities only: 1. He's had this for 2 years and you never caught it because u used protection. 2. He cheated on you. Chances of a false positive happens during pregnancy but it's not as common as u might think. Also, you cannot contract any STD from a toilet seat, that is a myth. I would ask him some serious questions though OP because god forbid he did cheat and didnt use protection you are at risk for alot of other much more serious diseases and baby too. Hoping this is all a huge misunderstanding, I really do. Sending you hugs xx

Just to update - as I mentioned in another comment on my thread, my partner was being tested on Friday. The results came in today and were negative (Chlamydia wasn't the only thing he was tested for, all results were negative, too.)

So, I am a lot less worried that there has been any foul play going on. I spoke to my OB this afternoon and she was apologetic as there has been a mix up, most definitely a false positive as opposed to catching it without sexual contact (i.e., public toilet seats! - this is a myth.)

I'm very relieved. But I knew in my heart and my mind I didn't have any reasons to doubt my partner.

Thank you bunches to the ladies that have been so supportive!

Oh wow, I'm SO relieved for you and glad everything worked out. Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

I've been watching your thread and I am so relieved and happy for you! What a nightmare and I feel so bad that you were stressing over this misinformation while you could have just been happy about your wonderful bfp! So glad it came back as a false positive. I hope you both get to relax now and enjoy this time together. Wishing you the best of luck!!

Oh excellent news, really happy for you and I'm so glad you can both forget this stuff and enjoy your pregnancy now <3

Been watching this post from the start.. was getting so antsy to know how you got on. I am so relieved for you! Happy and healthy 9 months, enjoy! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->