Almost 38 weeks and foreclosure!

hopeful2012

Reaction score
Hi! I'll be 38 weeks on Sunday and found out today that my house is listed with the mortgage company as active foreclosure. Stressing big time. Of course it bein Friday I couldn't get anybody who could actually help me with information so I'm stuck til Monday. I was planning on finishing the nursery this weekend by don't wan to do that until we know if there is a way to stop it. We are gonna go ahead and finishing painting the crib while we wait. I did go ahead an contact a lawyer tonight so hopefully Monday I can get some answers. I do seem to have some strange peace about the while situation and know that God is in control and has a plan.
Any advice and /or support would be appreciated.

I'm really sorry you're going through that. On Christmas eve there was a fire in my apartment and I'm not sure if I'll be able to be back before I give birth which is depressing me. Just try to stay positive, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Not much you can do really.

I pray everything works out for the best and u are able to stay in your home. Sorry u have to deal with all this stress so late in your oregnanch. U seem strong and positive in your op so Continue to keep ur head up

I lost the house I was renting due to financial struggles and had to move at 36 weeks. So we went from having a room dedicated to baby to all three of us (plus my dog) sharing a room at my in-laws until we get back on our feet (aka whenever I get a job again post baby, as OH doesn't seem interested in finding anything himself). So I definitely know what you're going through. Fingers crossed that you get some answers soon.

I think the part that bothers me the most is that the 4 of us will have to share 1 room with all the toddler and baby stuff, plus nursing will be difficult since we won't have much privacy. Major disappointment in that I won't be able to finish the nursery. It was going to be so pretty.
I still don't have answers, but I'm staying positive. I contacted a lawyer that specializes in bankruptcy and foreclosure. My credit is ruined either way, so if I'm able to file chapter 13, we could stay in our house and basically reorganize our debt to something more manageable. My husband didn't like the idea of bankruptcy last night but seems okay with it today. I think bankruptcy will look better than foreclosure and after 10 years it will be off my credit. We're young, an We have family that will help us get anything financed if absolutely needed. In fact the car I drive and pay on is technically my father in laws car. Thanks for the encouragement and support

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->