Almost 4 year old regressing? Long story

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
My child has been potty trained for a couple of months, no issues at all. He decided he was done with diapers and he was trained day and night. That lasted 2 weeks. He peed the bed abut once or twice a week for another 3 weeks but that's really not his fault since he's sleeping. We cut back drinks after a certain time and had him pee before bed.

He peed his bed every night for a week. I hand wash everything since we don't have a washer and I was tired of that so I started putting him in a cloth diapers at night, he stopped bedwetting at all, but started having accidents in the day whether he wasn't aiming on the potty, peeing himself, or whipping it out and peeing right on the floor. He was made to clean his mess and corrected.

3 days ago he pooped on himself for the first time since potty training. I was so upset and cleaned him up. He didn't even go to the bathroom once that day and didn't even care that he peed on himself. He went at his babysitters and she put a pull up on him, I can't blame her but it has started something I can't stop. If and he's in pull ups full time again, if I don't put one on him he puts a diaper on himself and he's allergic to the baby's diapers and will break out in a horrible rash. He's also begging to sleep in our bed and he hasn't slept with us at all in months, he always begs but never gets up and the last couple of days he is getting up constantly.

Is there some kind of regression I don't know about that happens around 4? I have no idea what's going on but things were going so good and I feel like we're starting over agaib

I would rule out a medical cause. If it isn't a medical cause, it's just behavioral. I would make him clean his own mess as you are, use pull-ups at night and teach him to clean his own clothes. I'd just do diapers at night because I wouldn't want to clean bedding daily or have to worry about a ruined mattress. If he has to do his own potty laundry, peeing and pooping in his own clothes won't be worth whatever it is he gets out of doing it. Try to keep a neutral, matter-of-fact attitude as your reaction may contribute to the behavior. If there is no medical cause, it is just a phase and will pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->