almost 40-bfp!

jessylu

Reaction score
hi ladies just wanted to pop on here to say dont give up,i got my bfp 3 days ago,im 40 in 3 weeks and was convinced it was never going to happen for me! i had been trying for over a year and just been referred to fertility clinic-first appt was meant to be october. when i got the date through i just seemed to relax-no more ovulation tests or frantically checking dates. felt unwell for a week,no af turned up and did a test-well 4 actually ! and there it was my bfp!! totally shocked but over the moon! so many people tell you to relax and it will happen-used to get my back right up,but it seems to have done the trick! believe me i know how hard it is-i became obsessed with it all!! fingers crossed for all you ladies:hugs:

CONGRATS!!!! Jessylu!!!!

Fantastic news!!! I am 41 and TTC after m/c last December using injectibles!!!

GOOD LUCK AND LOADS OF STICKY VIBES TO YOU!!!!

Thanks for the glimmer of hope!

Wendy

Congratulations sweetie, same happened to me was ready to start IVF for unexplained fertility n got pregant at 39, had korben 2wks after my 40th :happydance: now trying for last time xxx

ps didnt have the Amnio test didnt want to risk losing him xx

That is fantastic news. I know what it's like to think it will never happen. I too had fertility appt, got bfp 3 days before!! I am now 4+1.h&h 9 months

Hey :0) thanks for that, I am 40 in 3 weeks too!! 22nd September!! We have been ttc for 8 months and I thought we'd done it last month, I had loads of symptoms but then false alarm, I was really discouraged for a couple of days but have recovered positivity now - CD 7 so this a new month :thumbup: Best of luck with your pregnancy, how lovely :0) x

Jessylu, I know what you mean by becoming obsessive about it. I have had unprotected sex for almost 8 years now with my husband and we have not conceived. I started seeing my OB/GYN several months ago for it and had several tests done (both of us) and everything seems normal. I did stop drinking, smoking, and drinking coffee. I have improved my diet quite a bit and have done more exercising. We tried this month and are crossing our fingers. We both are taking multi-vitamines (pre-natals) sort of. My LMP was Aug. 1st and we tried from the 14th to the 21st. I had cramping for about 2 days on the 25th. and the 26th. I am hoping that was implantation cramping. I also have very tender breasts for two weeks now. My period is not due until the 1st. of Sept. (I have 32 - 34 day cycles). No other pregnancy symptoms yet except REALY tired in the mornings. Pray for us please!! Congrats!

hi loveybear, oh i really hope this is your month!! tiredness in the mornings (and then lasting all day) was my first sign that something was going on! i was 100% sure it was because af was on the way! had quite strong cramps and brown cm as well-sorry if tmi! i have my fingers crossed for you and sending lots of:dust: xxx

Congratulations Jessylou - that's great news. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months to you. :happydance:

Jessylu, thank you! I really hope so too. I am tired of thinking about it. I am so anxious! I feel like I am going to be too old soon and that scares me. Plus I couldn't believe my other girlfriends reactions to the news that we wanted to get pregnant. She actually asked me, "Are you sure you want to have kids?" (I have raised my nephew from 15 months to now and he is 13 years old) I was shocked and felt a bit angry to be honest. I am feeling better today though. I think AF will be here tomorrow or so, I can just feel it. Keep me in your prayers and i will do the same for you. I e-mailed my Dr. and asked for the next step. We will see soon! Have a great day!

Congratulations!! :hugs:

Such wonderful news! I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!!:flower:

loveybear, you know what you should just ignore spiteful comments-i detest people who alwys put a downer on everything! its what you and your other half want so sod everybody else! i have had a few people making `helpful` comments,my oh is 12 years younger than me so you can imagine what has been said! dont understand why some people think its ok to be like this,its not helpful and they should be encouraging you every step of the way if they are real friends! i know its easier said than done but try to ignore them, the less stressed you get the better xx keep your fingers crossed for me have had some brown spotting so bit nervous at the moment! keep you chin up xxxx

Well, it looks like AF wasn't ready to take 9 months off so I am going to have to figure out more ways to trick her. I am enthusiastic about trying agian. I am not going to get depressed because it won't help me conceive any sooner. Congarts to all you wonderful, brave ladies out there! xoxoxo Wish me luck for Sept. ;)

Jessylu, I am so excited for you! I hope this is it!!! I so know the anxiety this creates so take deep breaths and relax and exhale. Go about your business and try not to think about it. Make sure to get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water. Water is essential for your health! Make sure you are taking your pre-natals...I know, you already know that! lol! Thanks for the comments and encouragement. I am going for it because I know I won't regret it. It seems like I have done things for everyone else my whole life and put myself on the back burner. Now I want to bring a little of my own kind of joy into my world so I am ready to take the big plunge and see where it leads me. Take care and try not to be nervous. It will happen. I once told a girlfriend of mine who had severe endometreosis and couldn't get pregnant to remember that your body is going to react to the way you are feeling. So stay positive and hopeful! She conceived a couple of weeks later! Keep the hope and I will keep praying for you.

well girls ended up in a and e yesterday,had severe pain in back and right side but bleeding had stopped. doc said i have urine infection. had to have exam but all looking good thank god!! have to go back 21st september to epu for early scan to see whats going on and get my due date. thanks for all the good wishes and loveybear, i hope this is the month for you.im totally with you-positive thinking really helps. good luck ladies:hugs::hugs::dust:

Wow Hun. Im so happy for you!!! Is this your first? BIG :hugs: and CONGRATS! have the best happy and healthy 9 months!

Jessylu Congrats honey! I am so very happy for you. I and my DH tried all last weekend and now the wait is on. Oh, how it feels like forever. No symptoms whatsoever but not necessarily supposed to be having them. I have been seeing signs that God is here. I have opened up to verses in the Bible (accidentally) about conceiving and "the fruit of your womb is your reward" and stuff like that! Then this morning I opened the Bible and it landed on a verse and the word "stork" was there!!! I couldn't believe it! It made me laugh. I still have hope and am sooo happy and anxious for a missed period! My dream would be coming true before my eyes! Alright girl, I will get back to you next week. Congrats and take care of yourself. To all the other ladies, I am sending my prayers and BABY DUST!!!!!
LB Out.

Hiya Loveybear forgot to give you the link on other thread, if you fancy a chat with us girlies we on this one now https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/419752-moving-19-oct-testers-thereabouts-32.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->