Almost no belly at 20 weeks! Where is the baby?

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls.

I will be 20 weeks on Sunday, and my belly is still small... It does get bigger by the end of the day, but every morning I wake up like this.

I can feel the baby moving, but am worried if he/she growing ok.

Sorry about the mess on the background.

Attachments

• Photo on 19.05.16 at 10.06.jpg
    Photo on 19.05.16 at 10.06.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 43
I've noticed the same thing and have been wondering about this as well.

Apparently it's normal. By night your muscles have loosened so the bump bulges more. In the morning your muscles have had a chance to relax and recuperate so are better able to hold your uterus and baby in place.

As for bump size, it's not an accurate measure by any means for how well baby is doing. So many other things determine how big your bump looks including height, weight, genetics and where your baby is at the moment. So you could have a big bump but a small baby or a small bump but a large baby. So yeah, I'd not worry much over bump size, especially if you can tell it's gradually getting bigger over the weeks.

Kat,thank you for your reply :) It just feels so weird. I wake up in the morning and don't feel or look pregnant at all.

Having an OB appointment today, so will also ask to check if all ok.

My waist was small to start off with too and my belly is huge. Someone asked me if I was 7 months pregnant the other day! I am in my 5th month so that was a little hurtful. I think I've gained 15lbs in total. Not bad for more than half way through my pregnancy. I guess everyone is different. Some women don't "pop" until they hit 6 months so hang in there are enjoy your slim waist line as long as you can lol

im right there w you. heres my 22 week belly, hes hiding well

12440770_10205923414875802_6160287797775077076_o.jpg

Thanks girls :) I saw my ob today and she said that for my built this is normal. I have wide hips and am "sturdy" built. Lol. So baby has enough place in my abdominal cavity to be comfy sideways too.

Hope, I have gained 6 pounds by now, and I swear, it all went to my boobs and the tummy I already have.

3babes, I have about the same belly. And it is my 3rd pregnancy. I never believed it is possible to bounce right back to pre pregnancy tummy (with my first 2 it took me ages to loose all the fat). Maybe, just maybe, we will be lucky enough to loose all the weight really quickly this time!

Ob measured and checked on the baby today, and said all looks fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->