Already gaining weight

ReversalMommy

Reaction score
So...my thighs and ass have blown up! I feel so huge 😑 And I'm only 5 weeks...my bloat is ridiculous too, people are already asking me if we are expecting. Anyone else?? I am normally an average body type. 5'5" and 125-130. I feel like I'm 145 right now, could it be water weight? Or is it just that bad??

It's very likely bloat unless you have drastically changed your eating habits. I was in maternity clothes from 6 weeks the first time around and at 8 weeks people who knew were already asked me if it could be twins! In the end, I gained maybe about 7 lbs in first tri (this was likely mostly water and came off later when I gained actual baby weight, but I didn't really weigh myself regularly because we didn't even own a scale back then). But I weighed myself at the gym the day before I went in to labour and I'd gained 18 lbs total. So though you might feel huge, more than likely it's bloat and not actual weight gain and it doesn't mean you'll gain a lot throughout. I'm only 4 weeks and my trousers are getting tight! I already ordered maternity clothes in anticipation that these aren't going to fit in another week or two.

Im already a little chunky so at 10wks I really feel like a cow and want to live in my scrubs and pj pants. I actually got sad about it yesterday. I started crying saying that I'm al ready big that I'm going to be grotesque before I even hit the 3rd tri and my BF is going to think im disgusting. I gave up all sweets and started eating nothing but fruits and veggies to kinda make me feel better plus it's healthier for the baby.

It sounds like water retention aka bloat.

I'm almost 8 weeks along and haven't gained any weight yet, but I can't button my pants without major discomfort. Go figure, since I'm eating almost constantly.

This was right before my BFP and now...at 5 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 19
I'll prob be the same lol, last time I gained 4kg by the time I was 6wks due to bloat and by the end of the pregnancy had gained 20kg!!!! I have just got my figure back and am pg again haha.

Oh my word, just got my BFP and was hoping to only buy maternity clothes in the winter...seems it might come earlier :)

I gained 7 lbs in first tri. Now 25+3 and I've gained 24 lbs total. I carry weight in my butt and thighs and those grew huge at first. Hopefully they finally stopped. My belly still is small in comparison, everyone keeps saying I don't look 25 weeks, but hate how much weight I've gained. I didn't eat everything in sight either, just happened this way. I was fit before, I know I'll get back to that afterwards so I'm trying not to stress about it now.

My butt, boobs, and and thighs ballooned immediately. I gained 2/3 lbs first tri. People kept telling me I shouldn't have gained weight first tri, but I asked my doctor and she was like go tell them to stfu and showed me a graph of my weight gain and what the min/max target was for my body. I was right in the middle until I hit second tri, now I'm on the upper edge (still in it though lol) but even then she said you can experience spurts. I also got very uncomfortable by 5/6weeks in my clothes. I managed to rubber band it until 14w to hold off on Mat jeans. Had also read about cutting up a cheap, fitted tank top for a diy maternity band but I love my tanks lol

Yes with my 1st I had the button on my jeans undone during 1st tri and started using a belly band pretty early. It's totally normal to gain weight in 1st tri due to bloat. I was worried that I gained so much weight last time but my drs were not worried at all as I am slim to start with. It took 9 months for the weight to fully come off but I didn't change my eating or exercise habits at all. It's normal to put on extra padding around bum and hips etc as your body has to make extra fat stores for milk production :)

I havent gained any weight but my stomach is super bloated today. It looks like a bump although I know its not :haha: hope the bloating gets better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->