Already stressing over names

N

Nanninoo

Long winded sorry

I'm only in week 10 and already the realisation of finding names Is worrying me! I have a DS who is called Zachary and before finding out the sex of him we had picked Zachary from the start if it was a boy, I just liked it for a long time. I'm trying to do a boy and girls list although I'm concentrating more on the boys as I find them harder ( there are so many nice girls names) I don't think I will have a problem picking a girls name if we were having a girl but the thought of if we are having a boy scares me a little not because we wouldn't want another boy but because I have no idea on what names for boys nothing is jumping out at me that I really like....
I like names like Charlie, Archie, Oliver ect.. But they are becoming very popular and I don't want a name too popular I also liked Harrison but it's too close to Zachary (both have hary) I then liked Frazier but i don't know now people say it reminds them of Fraser the American series! So confused now :wacko: I like longish names that I can shorten like Zachary too Zach....after all this stressing I might find out I'm having a girl but I want to be prepared if it's a boy besides I have a feeling it's a boy.

Any help ladies on boys names please :thumbup: x

Albert/Albie
Alfred/Alfie
Greyson
Alexander/Alex/Xander (Zachary & Xander)
Henry
Patrick
Andrew/Andy/Drew
Nicholas
Benjamin/Ben/Benji

Franklin (Frank/Frankir)
Finnian (Finn)
Jameson (James/Jay)
Maxwell (Max)
Archer (Archie)

Thanks girls still nothing pops out!
OH doesn't like Alexander I had it on my 'maybe list' and he said he wasn't keen!

I'm hating boys names too :dohh: Our list at the moment= Reuben, Leo, Raff, Rex, Dexter, Keir, Spencer, Sawyer xxx

We have Reuben on our list too :)
We have so far for possible names.... Reuben, Frazier/Fraizer, Maison/Mason, Riley, Ashton & Hayden. I'm finding boys names a struggle too!

I know two friends with sons Logan and brody. Aston reminds me of the car! I know a Brett and not keen on Austin :( god I'm in for a struggle if it's a boy lol! Help! Why is this so difficult what makes matters worse is OH never seems keen on the names I like and the names he likes I don't! That's why I need to be prepared with boys names incase we are having a little boy again.

I like Leighton.....but (yes there's another but lol) it's the surname of my best friends ex husband who only recently separated and are going through a divorce so I don't think I could use that :dohh:
Why oh why is boys names so difficult :nope:

Im 80% sure we are going to call our son Zachary :) there's just no other name we love or even just really like lol so i don't envy you! Ill try to give you some ideas

reuben
lennon
alfie
jaxon
kai
lucas
harley
maddox
archer
jace
noah
justin
Joshua
Xavier

Grayson, Griffen, Hudson, Wilson, Coultan, Hayward, Mitchell, Turner? Xxx

Gannon, Smith, Koby, Kylan, Caden, Hudson, Thorpe, Gill, Sutcliffe, Jessop, Lawson, Bentley, xxx

Hon I really wouldn't worry about the Frazier/sitcom thing. I've seen your other threads and am really surprised that other people are bringing that up. It's a good, strong, traditional name that is very cute for a little boy but also mature for man. It's a relatively common name but not at all faddy - I totally agree re Archie etc.

Would you not consider taking the i out of it, I think that's quite an americanised spelling and possibly where the Frasier comparison is coming from. In Scotland it would just be Fraser or Frazer.

Thanks girls I do like Frazer but spelt with an i either Fraizer or Frazier as I like the American way of spelling as our DS is called Zachary and that is also American so wanted to do the same and I prefer it with an i I think it looks more 'quirky' iykwim xx

Maxwell
Noah
Isaac
Freddie
Jacob
Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members