ALS/MND Ice bucket challenge

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I've been nominated to do this but my mum thinks I shouldn't since I'm pregnant. I can't think of any reason though why it would be harmful. Has anyone else done it? It would be good to have a good excuse to get out of it! :haha:

I don't see why you couldn't do that?! People think pregnancy makes people so fragile. Not the case!

I say go for it! I got challenged as well and had the same hesitation because I'm 5 weeks! I just didn't want to shock my system or do anything to even risk harming my little miracle. BUT I realized....it's just a little cold water. I compare it to jumping in a pool on a hot summer day =) Good luck though...it's cold!! lol Skip the ice if it makes you feel better =)

If you read the actual original challenge - you can donate or face a bucket of ice water... I don't want to be a total killjoy but the celebrities have kind of lost that message with all their getting semi-naked and telling us they have famous friends.

So... there's no harm in doing it, but you're actually not obliged to do it if you donate. Personally I liked Patrick Stewart's approach... xx

I did it. I need all of my money for doctors appointments (still paying the deductible), and baby necessities and was challenged to do the bucket challenge. I understood the cause and wanted to help but I just couldn't spare anything extra as I was draining myself with my daughters back to school clothes/supplies. I'm 10 weeks and did it with ICE & WATER, and feel great 1 week later.

Go for it or pay up. :happydance:

I know it defeats the object but you could always put warm ish water in it, and literally add ice cubes a second before it goes on your head, that way the ice hasn't had chance to cool your water 😊 that's what I'll do If I get challenged 👍😜xxx

I didn't bother... I feel a right let down but I had just washed me hair! Made my donation tho xx

I wouldn't do it. I'd worry about the shock to my body and raising heart rate etc. When I was 10 weeks with my dd we went to Sweden and everyone else went for a dip in a nice hole but the swedes said I couldn't because I was pregnant.

I've been nominated too but I'm too scared to do it. I'm a paranoid mess waiting for my scan next week scared it shocks my system and don't want to chance it.

I've been nominated to do this but my mum thinks I shouldn't since I'm pregnant. I can't think of any reason though why it would be harmful. Has anyone else done it? It would be good to have a good excuse to get out of it! :haha:

I did it the other day! Who cares - there are so many other things u could do. Unless u plan on dunking ur entire body into a bathtub filled with ice, it's fine.

It's just a little ice water for a second :) (Ha, I can say that because I have no intention of doing it because I hate cold water). It shouldn't cause any more harm than your shower suddenly going cold because the hot water ran out (ie. next to none).

I am doing mine tonight, but good point about washing hair i will hold off on that!

I've just been nominated as well, I'm going to do it but I don't think I'll make the water really ice cold, I'll probably just chuck the ice in just before I start filming! I think it'll be fine, I would be against submerging my whole body in ice water though.

I skipped it, I've had way too many weird things happen this pregnancy and worked way too hard to get here. Call me paranoid.

I don't think that's a good idea! U have a baby inside you! I like the idea of throwing Ice in at last minute!

I got nominated last night. There was no way I was doing it, pregnant or not! Instead I posted a status saying I wouldn't be dumping a bucket of water on my head, and I donated to WaterAid.

I havent been nominated yet but I personally wouldnt do it its a real shock to the system and if anything happened to baby after that id just blame that and myself...for me it's not worth the risk but its a personal opinion and choice xx

i still fail to get why people take these "nominations" seriously. why the heck should anybody do it anyway? because somebody called you to? and your only way to get out is to donate and you really believe it? i mean, you really believe something outrageous will happen if you simply just ignore it?

sorry, i might be from the other side of the ocean but i just don't see the point (i know it began as a charity thing but it has little to do with it now, it turned into some weird showing off)

I wouldnt do it even if i wasnt pregnant.. I see it as a way if getting out of donating to charity but being pregnant i would worry ive read that 34 ppl have got hypothermia from doing it.i dont no if its true but it doesn't sound like its impossible.. k xx

I won't be doing it if I get nominated. Happy to donate though, which surely is the whole point!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->