Also new here with a question

heart4home

Mum and expecting again.
Reaction score
I just had a m/c this past Monday at 7.5 weeks. I passed the tissue naturally within 48 hours of the first sign of blood. It's my 3rd this year and 7th loss in my lifetime.

I'm very sad, but also realize that I am much older (far end of natural chances) and can't afford to take months to grieve.

Today my bleedings is very little and if things progress as my last couple of m/cs I will likely ovulate within two weeks. Hopeful anyways.

I've usually always waited the month to get one full AF, but really if I do ovulate soon I don't want to waste a chance.

So here is my question. Does anybody know when you have a natural m/c, does your uterine lining shed, the way it would during a regular AF.

I had a few hours of very heavy bleeding before I passed the tissue, but assumed that was just it pulling away from the uterine wall etc.

Since then my flow has probably been lighter than a regular period for me.

I mean truthfully my chances of getting pregnant on the first ovulation are probably slim given my decline in infertility the last year( I used to get pregnant very easily but it took over 6 months of active trying this last time), but I have read you are more fertile right after a m/c(could just be an old wives tale I guess), and really don't want to miss an opportunity. I've also fully weaned my 2 year old. I had only weaned him fully about a week before I got pregnant this last time, but it hadn't even been a full cycle without nursing when I saw the +++.

So I of course want to hope that no nursing and post m/c fertility will be what I need to achieve one last healthy pregnancy.

Any thoughts on just going for it, without waiting for one AF.

Sorry for your loss. There seems to be a lot of cunfusion over how long to wait. I think most women are advised to wait for first af if no complications. Personally i feel this is more to do with them wanting you to give yourself time after a loss and that if you do fall again it can be very hard to date the pregnancy. I had a mmc on 13th dec and we have decided to try straight away without waiting for af. I just made sure the bleeding had stopped and that i had a negative hpt to check that the hcg was out of my system.

Sorry for your losses heart4home. :hugs: The answer to your question depends on how you feel physically & emotionally. I miscarried at a little over 5 weeks, and we didn't wait to start trying. I ovulated 2 weeks post MC, and am now waiting to test. So ovulation is possible...on the other hand, the opposite is also possible. One thing to note is that you will not ovulate until your HCG levels are back to 0. So you might want to have your blood levels checked to be certain that everything is back to normal again.

Good luck. :thumbup:

So sorry for your loss.. I had a natural mc at 12 weeks and we also decided to try straight away.. I unfortunately didnt get preg right after, not sure if I just didnt ovulate or what, but now actively trying again.. Just make sure your both ready to try again and that the bleeding has stopped, due to risk of infection, also a neg hpt is a good thing as stated above...
Good luck and we are all here for you if you need anyone to talk to..

Sorry for your loss. There seems to be a lot of cunfusion over how long to wait. I think most women are advised to wait for first af if no complications. Personally i feel this is more to do with them wanting you to give yourself time after a loss and that if you do fall again it can be very hard to date the pregnancy. I had a mmc on 13th dec and we have decided to try straight away without waiting for af. I just made sure the bleeding had stopped and that i had a negative hpt to check that the hcg was out of my system.

Thanks very much. I'm not to worried about dating, since I use OPKs and they have been pretty reliable at pinpointing my ovulation and also since my OB always does an early scan to date pregnancy. Yea, I definitely won't be BD until the bleeding is stopped and my hpt is negative. I just ordered a bunch off line as well as OPK(used the last one the month I got pregnant and thought it was providence...sigh)that will be here tomorrow or next week.

Sorry for your losses heart4home. :hugs: The answer to your question depends on how you feel physically & emotionally. I miscarried at a little over 5 weeks, and we didn't wait to start trying. I ovulated 2 weeks post MC, and am now waiting to test. So ovulation is possible...on the other hand, the opposite is also possible. One thing to note is that you will not ovulate until your HCG levels are back to 0. So you might want to have your blood levels checked to be certain that everything is back to normal again.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Thanks. Yes, I will make sure that physically I'm feeling well. Emotionally well that always varies hour to hour after my losses...I've always been one to ovulate right after a m/c, but we would usually wait a month or two, or only try half heartedly, but hopefully Murphy's Law won't prevail,and since I want to try end up not ovulating before my first AF...

Hi hun, I am not sure about your question I would assume you would pass the lining? Just wanted to send you some hugs and lots of luck xx

So sorry for your loss.. I had a natural mc at 12 weeks and we also decided to try straight away.. I unfortunately didnt get preg right after, not sure if I just didnt ovulate or what, but now actively trying again.. Just make sure your both ready to try again and that the bleeding has stopped, due to risk of infection, also a neg hpt is a good thing as stated above...
Good luck and we are all here for you if you need anyone to talk to..

I'm sorry for your loss too. I wish you good luck this month. Yes, my OB just has me take hpts until they are negative instead of doing repeated blood draws.. I'm hoping they'll be negative soon and definitely won't BD until the bleeding has been gone for a few days or more.

Hi hun, I am not sure about your question I would assume you would pass the lining? Just wanted to send you some hugs and lots of luck xx

Thanks, that was what I have really been trying to find out. Usually we have AF and shed some of the lining, but with a m/c it's hard to tell if we are shedding the lining or just bleeding from where the tissue etc. was attached.

Oh well, I guess only time will tell. If I end up ovulating and all seems well, I guess we'll just go for it and pray pray pray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->