Also update on my post about meeting for work..

iluvbump

Reaction score
I got a final written warning!
Havent even had verbal or written..
and my final written warning... i cant appeal against..

I bought up the subject that i dont think its fair my miscarriage was used.. and they said i still provided a drs note... which is a sick note..
and i said "yes but its for grief not sickness"
But they say they can use it.
This final written warning stays on my file for 18 months!..
My contract ends on the ward 29th may, but i remain on staff bank so i can choose when to work.. but even if i go off sick in like 6 months time.. i can get fired.

Thinking of seeing citizens advice.
x

Doesn't seem fair at all :hugs: I would definately see citizens advice x

Thats horrible. I also recently got a letter in my file about attendance. I had missed 16 days in 3 months. Over half of them were because of pregnancy problems and then a misscarriage. They put it in the letter that those were the reasons but they still skipped the verbal and went right to written. I've had another mc now and am waiting for my next attendance talk. If anything seems funny I am calling human resources. I wish they would realize they are making a difficult time even more difficult.

Thats horrible. I also recently got a letter in my file about attendance. I had missed 16 days in 3 months. Over half of them were because of pregnancy problems and then a misscarriage. They put it in the letter that those were the reasons but they still skipped the verbal and went right to written. I've had another mc now and am waiting for my next attendance talk. If anything seems funny I am calling human resources. I wish they would realize they are making a difficult time even more difficult.

Sorry to hear u are going through the same. My meeting had 2 senior HR advisors present with my ward manager n matron so I can't go to HR they side with the manager

That's awful - definitely worth checking with citizen advice

This is from the direct gov website;

Discrimination and pregnancy

It is unlawful sex discrimination for employers to treat women less favourably because of their pregnancy or because they take maternity leave. For example, this includes:

* trying to cut your hours without your permission
* suddenly giving you poor staff reports
* giving you unsuitable work
* making you redundant because of your pregnancy (you might still be made redundant for other reasons)
* treating days off sick due to pregnancy as a disciplinary issue

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parent...ilies/Pregnancyandmaternityrights/DG_10026556

As a miscarriage is due to pregnancy they should not be discriminating against you - I would definitely pursue this!

that doesn't seem right at all, def speak to CAB ASAP, its not right. Speak to your union too.

Hi hon
You can also try calling the Equality and Human Rights Commission. They're really helpful. Treating you like this is utterly disgusting
good luck x

Hey ladies I spoke to equality and Hunan rights commission and acas, equalityand human rights commission said it doesn't come under pregnancy related because I wasn't pregnant ay the time of the meeting. It comes down as sickness discrimination.
Acas have told me to make sure that it's written in the policy I should receive a verbal then written an then I can go through (if I want to) a grievance procedure. Which is in tribunal court. Xxx

Blimey this just sounds awful. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all this while trying to deal with having had a MC. I really hope you can find someone who can help make this easier for you but how stressful. Thinking of you xx

I would raise a grievance through work (with the help of one of those organisations) before taking legal action. You definitely don't want this on your record but hopefully your grievance letter will shake things up enough that this will get sorted internally.
Shame on them for treating you like this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->