ALWAYS hungry

cskme_

Reaction score
I feel like I am eating so often. I try to do as everyone says and eat little snacks but my stomach still growls after. The only thing that seems to fill my stomach (temporarily) are wraps, bagels, anything with bread (which I never used to eat). Yesterday I ate snacks all day and by the time I got off work I was still starving and stopped and got a cheese bagel and ate that and my stomach was almost cramping because I was so hungry after.
Does anyone else feel like this, and has anyone CURED that feeling?

No cure. It's really frustrating. I'm currently working on the theory that since I've had a previous large weight loss that my body has no clue how to tell when I'm full. Today I'm going to try to trick it with some hot tea/drink before I reach for my snack or after if I'm still feeling hangry. Hot liquids can help with feeling satisfied.

I think I'm currently running at 2300+ calorie consumption which isn't good. I kept a mental diary of what I ate yesterday and was shocked. Today I'm aiming for 2000 calories, which shouldn't be a hardship. But considering that recent NY Times article about slowed metabolism after large weight loss, I'm a little scared my caloric needs are even less than that.

Other tricks for not feeling as hungry after you've eaten:
-chew gum
-go for a walk
-do something that occupies your hands
-call a friend

Of course, this all assuming your are eating enough calories to meet your body's needs.

ETA: the snacks that satisfy me the most also are high protein or fat with a good dose of carbs: peanut butter and bread; crackers and cheese, deviled eggs, cream-based soups.

Sorry I posted in the thread by mistake.

I am constantly hungry! Got an awful sore throat at the moment and the only thing helping is keeping it wet by either drinking or eating 24/7, nightmare!

After tea I'm generally satisfied but that's practically bedtime anyway.

I try & snack healthy but like you only carbs seem to fill me up

Ugh, I'm so hungry I eat until I feel sick. Then after a while the sickness turns into hunger again. Need to get it under control, all the carbs and lack of fruit & veg (major aversions to that!) mean I'm always feeling sluggish too. Giving myself another week or so and then hopefully any sickness will be gone and I'll force myself to eat better!

Im the same. This is my second pregnancy and it was also the same last time! No cure :( :(

I say if you are feeling hungry, like actually hungry (not just bordem hunger) then EAT girl! Your body is growing a human, it will send you signals for what it needs! If you're worried about weight or nutrition, just keep healthy snacks around and munch all day if you need to :)

Dont feel bad about eating bread either, eat what your craving! But if you're concerned then eat some bread (or meal with bread) and then next time youre hungry eat something without bread (protein and veggies maybe :) )

Ugh, I'm so hungry I eat until I feel sick. Then after a while the sickness turns into hunger again. Need to get it under control, all the carbs and lack of fruit & veg (major aversions to that!) mean I'm always feeling sluggish too. Giving myself another week or so and then hopefully any sickness will be gone and I'll force myself to eat better!

I agree with eating until I feel sick... That happens often at night before I go to bed. I lay in bed and regret eating everything lol

I have days like this where I am hungry very frequently. Personally, I feel that it is my bodies way of telling me I need more calories. Best way to handle this is to eat! Doesn't have to be junk or empty calories either. I will have a banana with peanut butter, a bowl of yogurt, crackers with cheese, a homemade muffin, boiled egg, etc.

I gain the same amount of weight every pregnancy so I think as long as you are being sensible with your eating habits your body will take care of the rest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->