Always hungry?

L

Laura--x

How do you deal with it? Im trying so hard to cut down and loose about a stone before summer, but im just always hungry!! Even when i eat a meal, an hour later im just hungry again. Agh this is so hard :(

How much water are you drinking? A lot of times thirst can be mistaken for hunger. I would try upping your water intake and see if that helps any.

Same as Vickie^^ drink water, i only started this week but its amazing how filling water is...be prepared to think your pregnant though, i feel like i need a wee every 5mins!! Shows how much i wasn't drinking before...lol

Most of the time we mistake thirst for hunger.

Have a glass of water and if half an hour later you are still hungry, try eating a granola bar. I have a great recipe for one if you would like it. Makes about 1.5kg and a total of 8208 calories. Not good if eaten all at once but if cut into small pieces, it's still filling and not full of calories.

I cant stand the taste of plain water but i drink very diluted sugar free orange squash, literally only put enough in there to colour the water a bit. I drink loads of that all day long :(

Also, are you eating enough?

And eating lots of fruit and veg?

Do you eat a lot of carbs (pasta, bread, pancakes, flour, potatoes, cereals, everything sugary like cakes and cookies, etc)? Those could be the problem. They tend to make most people hungry.

Hi

Have you actually tracked your water intake?
In the beginning i HATED water with a passion, i thought drinking 2 large glasses was enough. I now drink 5-6litres a day, which is 20-24 250ml glasses through the day.
Best try drink a glass 30mins before a meal (500ml would be best) drink water throughout your meal.

Try breaking down your meals into 6, there for your eating constantly throughout the day, then with water will keep you filled, eating every 2.5-3hrs smaller portions of 250-300 calories.

Try filling up on 'GOOD' carbs, wholegrain/whole wheat.

Oh my, I barely drink ANY water! at most a medium bottle (like a diet coke bottle for one person) for the day :dohh: I have such a small bladder as it is that I pee every morning at least 3 times, at my morning break, at lunch, once in the afternoon about 1 hour after lunch and then when i go home but after that i'm fine :shrug: Going to need to up my water in take thats for sure :haha:

Oh, I also wanted to add something. If after trying to drink more water and cut down the carbs you are still hungry after a few days, you might want to go to the doctor and have some blood tests done. You may have a deficiency in a specific nutrient. Are you vegan? Maybe you need more protein or more iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->