Am I a strange mummy?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Well, I got tons of clothes from sister-in-law because her baby boy is a few months older and I don't need to buy anything AT ALL, but i get upset (that's the strange bit and OH thinks so too)
i'm upset because I want to choose the outfits for him, it's just a nice feeling to go to the shop and pick the stuff i want for my little boy
Some say I'm lucky that i can save lots of money. yes,that's right i save money but you know what I mean.
i can't help it,so i bought a few pairs of pajamas for him and now I shop girl clothes for my friend;s baby :dohh:

No I can understand it.
My inlaws are ALWAYS buying Ophelia stuff to the point where I dont need to buy her much and I hate not beinng able to choose what she wears. xxxx

I am the same, I dont have to buy clothes for Dec, my sisters little boy is just turning 3 and she never throws anything out, so from the day Dec was born I have had a ton of clothes from her, BUTTTTTTT I still buy him a ton of clothes to!!!!! Lol I just love buying for my kids. At the moment Decs wardrobe is overflowing. Maybe you could just buy him the odd little special thing from mummy. xx

i no what you mean, tbh i like the fact that we had no one to pass on clothes, i adore buying for maddi, i just like what i like :dohh: x

i would just out every month and buy him a couple of really nice special outfits, so you can still go out and choose stuff but also take advantage that you are saving lots of money!

Nope totally normal!
We have had a million clothes passed onto us for Daisy and I just put them all in a charity bag so at least they are going to good use!
It's not that we are strange or anything, we just love to shop for our little ones!!

I did the same, I threw mine right into a charity bag. :D
I like certain clothes and not the clothes my mom or other people handed down to me. I kept a few things that I liked though. :)

Thats not strange at all... I love buying Jasmines outfits myself. Anything thats gien to us is only kept if I like it.

No one buys Caitlyn clothes as they know I buy her too many.. but I'd love for them to buy them instead!

I've gotten tons of clothes for kathryn, people are always buy her them. But then I always pic a piece up here and there cause it's on sale or absolutely adorable, etc. so I have way too many, I don't know how she's going to wear all of her 6 month clothes before she grows out of them :dohh:

:blush: I gave away clothes I didn't like at Christmas to a family member whose daughter really needed them. I like buying for Hannah, and some people *cough MIL cough* don't share the same tastes as me

I did the same, I threw mine right into a charity bag. :D
I like certain clothes and not the clothes my mom or other people handed down to me. I kept a few things that I liked though. :)

they are all nice though, like very nice design and all that and mil also bought a lot from America. Sister-in-law has 2 boys and she loves shopping and imagine how many tons of clothes I got. I love 90% of them and i gave some away without telling mil because she actually remember most of them and would wonder where they're gone.

I don't think you are strange at all! I think that no matter how many clothes you get given, most mums go out and buy stuff that they like (usually telling OHs that they were given it or it was like 50p in the sale etc etc!!). You want to dress your babies in the style you like. However, getting given stuff is great as well, especially as it saves money.

When I was pregnant, my in-laws gave us some money to buy a buggy. This lady at my work was like, 'oh why don't you buy a cheap second hand one and save the money for something else.' But, I didn't want a second hand buggy, I wanted a new one for my baby - something that I had chosen. But, the woman still made me feel guilty about it as if I was wasting money. It would have been fair enough if we hadn't the money, but we had been given it for that purpose.

Don't feel guilty though!

xxx

Not strange at all im the same way , I got so many clothes for max even some are for whens hes 2 years old but I still went out ans got much more on my own !

i can relate. I asked a friend to not give me too much of her son's things because I wanted my son to have his own style. That might sound daft as he's only a baby but i wanted to chose for him and have him looking like him and not like another baby!
Vests etc were handy though - i mean, who sees them anway?!

You buy him stuff if you want to / can afford to!

Despite Jasper having MORE than enough newborn clothes I went and bought him 3 outfits also.... and guess which 3 outfits he wore more than anything else?!

Although... now... I've run out of clothes that fit Id be more than happy for others to buy for us! BUT if we had the money to go out and buy a whole new waldrobe, I'd DEFINATELY prefer to do it myself!

You're no where near strange hun. I get alot of hand me downs, and whilst its nice; I still buy stuff for Savannah. I want to chose what she wears, not other people...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->