Am I a terrible person?

AMB1216

Ethan's mommy
Reaction score
I feel so guilty but I'm so ready to have this baby. I've got 2 weeks until I hit full term but I feel like I can't make it another day. My hips pop whenever I turn over in bed, I have constant heartburn, pushing my self up to get out of bed is pretty much impossible not to mention it puts a lot of pressure on the rib that has been bothering me for the past 3 months and it super painful. I can't walk without lightening crotch so bad I want to cry, along with plenty of other wonderful pregnancy things.

I'm like praying that my water breaks soon, I know the odds of that are extremely slim but I feel like that would be the only way I'd have him now. I have weekly NST's and was contracting every 2-3 minutes so they put me on an extended monitor, gave me an IV which slowed them down for about 10 minutes then they picked back up. They checked my cervix and it was 1 cm dilated and 20% effaced, then gave me a shot to stop the contractions. I just want him here already, not only because I'm miserable but because I'm just ready to meet my baby. He's also measuring big, and because I really want a natural delivery I want him to come before he hits 9lbs x)

I just feel guilty for being selfish, I know the closer to 40 weeks the better but I want so badly for him to be here. I really want to ask my OB to be induced but I figure they will tell me no and it'll break my heart. I've even started walking around trying to get myself to dilate, as well as eating fresh pineapple, I know it won't work if he's not ready. I get some contractions after eating the pineapple but they don't last very long. I'm thinking about starting Raspberry Leaf Tea and Primrose evening oil because I know those take a few weeks to help but I'm really hoping it helps the labor come fast and easy. I'm so torn, I want to cry because I'm still pregnant and I want to cry because I'm telling myself to quit being so selfish. I've waited this long-a few more weeks won't kill me. But I feel like it will.

Please tell me I'm not alone :(

Hang in there! This is the most difficult part of pregnancy. I've been there with ds#2. You are not alone. Breathe. Take it one day at a time. You are not a bad person.

You are definitely not alone.... I have the same things going on with my body. I love to sleep... but hardly get to. My hips have revolted against me since around 26 weeks. I have a 7 year old and 2 year old, so I don't get to rest when I need to. All I wanted today was some Oreo Cookies, only to come to kitchen to get them and see hubby swallowing the last one.... I've never wanted to hurt someone so much over food. :/ I've cried at least once each day for the past 3 days because I am just tired, my body and my mind are tired. Like you, I know the longer I can hang in there, the best chance the baby has for good health and proper development, But I also know when I am on the edge of my sanity, and the edge is not far. Fingers crossed for no pregnancy induced psychotic episodes~! LOL~

You are not selfish, you're NORMAL!!! Very few women I know haven't been fed up by this point. My last baby was almost 10 lbs, and I'm short, and short torsoed, so by 34 wks, I was so miserable !! My hips hurt, my left shoulder was messed up from sleeping on that side, and I wasn't sleeping. Plus, I was up at least 3 times a night peeing. It sucked!!!!

I know it feels like forever, but you'll make it!!! I don't know if you're a bath taker, or have access to a swimming pool, but if you do, use it!! It takes the strain off your body, at least for a short time. We had a pool when I was pg the last time( have since gotten rid of it) and since he was born in August, I took full advantage. GL sweetie! It'll be ok! 😊

I am in the same boat my friend. We all are. Don't think you're terrible whatsoever.

Not awful at all! I'm 34 weeks today and just so over it and ready for December to be here already. :hugs: Hang in there, we're almost there.

Your not alone and your certainly not selfish.

I'm totally with you, I can't go out shopping anymore because after walking for even just a little distance my back feels as though it's going to break, I'm short, 5ft and I've a feeling this baby is a bit bigger than my first born as I never felt like this with her pregnancy.

Hang on in there Hun, your nearly there :hugs:

Ive been mentally done since first tri due to HG.

I am now physically done aswell, but know i need to make most of days that remain as i will never ever be pregnant again.

Thanks ladies, I can't help but feel sad that I really just want him out. I guess its just all my hormones because I've been moody lately as well. It's almost scary how bad I just want to be done, like if there was a sure fire method to go into labor I'd probably do it at this point. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->