Am I about to ovulate??? Please help!!!!

suzan

Reaction score
Hi all!!

I am now 12CD and it's 11pm so it will now be 13CD. When I entered to the toilet (a while ago) and while cleaning down, I just saw fluid. I think it is cervical mucus. It is so stretchy that I just took it with my fingers and measured. It just stretched so much that I thought it would be that I am ovulating, but I am just 12CD as I mentioned before and DH and I just BD yesterday night.

I tested for OPK this afternoon and it was negative.. I didnt test now when I entered to the toilet.. did I do something wrong? Should I have had tested? It's okay if we BD tomorrow night?

Please someone help, I am desperate and worried.

thanks!!!! :dohh:

Good sign on the CM :D I would say so - was it clear like egg yolk?

Some CM info:

Before Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
The first few days following menstruation, there will be little or no discharge present. You will feel dryness around your vulva. During this time, chances of getting pregnant are low.
Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):
The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucus should break easily. You will only be able to pull your fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume.
Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy):
At this stage, mucus resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucus to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your 'mucus peak'. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm's survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.
After Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva. One caution for this test is that sperm can be confused with the mucus secretions and you could make wrong assumptions. Also, vaginal infections, medication, and birth control can alter conditions and should be taken into consideration when examining any vaginal secretions.

Sorry honey I can't help. I am one of those women that doesn't have alot of CM fluid so I find it hard to tell. I use the basal temp ( 1st month this month) and it seems to give me a good indication of what is happening.

If you BD last night then I would BD again tomorrow night. I do the everyother day approach. It is really up to you hun. Sorry I can't help.

Maybe you could do your CM and temp each day and maybe that would help.

I also read somewhere that even thou OPK say to test first thing in the morning that by doing that it can give a false neg( can't recall the reasoning behind it). I read you should test at around 11am and if affordable even twice a day It said " 11am-3pm then 6pm-10pm. So if you tested at 11am you would retest at 6pm.
or if you tested at 1pm you would retest at 8pm ( is that making sense).
I will go and see if I can find that artical I was reading and try and post it here ( not to good at that stuff).

Well I wish you luck :hugs:

Thanks Wobbles!!
I usually feel ovulation pain. Haven't felt any. I am expecting to ovulate in 2 days as Usual. The mucus was white, yes, and stretchy. Dont know how stretchy, but it might be that I am getting on time to ovulate sometime soon.

I hope it is ok to BD tomorrow. DH is exhausted as he has been doing some sports and we have been BD for the past 6 days every other day.

Ayyyy girls! wish me luck :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->