am i being OTT? (ebay)

C

cherryglitter

i bought two 0-3 month girl sleepsuits from ebay.
they were described as used but still in excellent condition.

now when they arrived one of them had two orange stains on the front. you can't see them in the picture on the listing. they were described as used which by ebays terms means this..

"Used: An item that has been previously worn. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections"

they didn't list that they were stained. i've washed them and it hasn't come out.
i've opened a case and the person is repeating that they're 'still in working order' :shrug:

shall i just give up now lol!

Dont give up. To me, excellent condition means no marks. Also, they should have mentioned those marks if they were that genuine.
I sold a zumba workout kit to a guy and forgot to mention that one of the toning sticks had marks on, he opened a case and i gave him a full refund. I re-listed them providing pictures of the marks and a full description, the lady that bought them was happy and gave positive feedback.
The joys of ebay!
Me, personally would keep the case open. They didn't describe the product properly or honestly.
xx

Hi, no i think you should pursue it. they weren't described as excellent con with orange stains. :)

I hate that. why sell stained clothes ? Drives me mad. sorry little rant there lol xx

I bought a bundle which were used, and they got here and were all like an off white colour so they'd been run in the wash, I emailed her and said this, and she just said they were used to obviously have been washed so what can I expect..

1-if I was something and it comes out a different colour, I dot just think 'oh that's I'm because it's been washed and it's to be expected' I think 'oh shit ive ruined these clothes(again!!)'

She did say she would refund if I wanted to send them back, but I'd have to send recorded and it wouldn't have been worth it so I just said forget it and wrote it in he feedback!

But stains.. Definatley no acceptable .. Unless stated.. Then you know what you're buying!!

I would carry on with the case! I when I am selling LOs old clothes, if they have stains I try and get them out if not I use them as rags when tidying haha, I would never sell stained clothes!

i'm tempted to take a picture to show you what i mean!

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382985_10100127008631092_61109792_48025930_742490828_n.jpg

okay it looks really tiny on that picture and not at all bad but it is lol.

She should have put that in the description. i wouldn't be happy if i bought that x

I would keep your dispute open.
I hate it when things arent as described, i brought a bundle of 3-6month babygros once which is what size my lo was in and when they arrivied they were lovely but half of them were up to 3 months so didnt even fit him.

No thats definitely not acceptable in my opinion. Keep your dispute open. She can't really sell it as excellent condition if its stained!

will keep it open.

this is what they said:

'hi. i am sorry to hear that you are no sattiffied wih your purchase. the item in used and not in original condition. and is still in working order. and i would like to know what i can do to help ?? thanks'

Aye keep the dispute open :) If you are not getting anywhere speaking to the seller I think there's a certain timescale and then you can escalate the dispute and ebay will make a decision, which will be a refund.

I did this a while back and ebay ruled to refund me and I also got to keep the item so no return postage cost :laugh2:

will keep it open.

this is what they said:

'hi. i am sorry to hear that you are no sattiffied wih your purchase. the item in used and not in original condition. and is still in working order. and i would like to know what i can do to help ?? thanks'

:dohh: why do people think that because they're used it's ok for them to be stained???

I'd answer that and say, I'd like a full refund please as you did not state that the clothes were stained, and I would not have bought them if I had known they were.

Selling stained clothes (and not saying so) - ugh!

I'm a seller on eBay with over 21,000 feed backs.

You have 45 days to open a SNAD (significantly not as described)case. Which it seems you have already done.

You can escalate the case but chances are that eBay will require you to return the item (at your expense) to get your refund.

A stained item should not be described as 'excellent condition'.

An item that is in excellent condition but used IMO is one that has no stains and is as good as new, just washed?

If its not worth the money to return the item, I would probably leave it. But if its not going to cost you that much to return it, I would do so and ask for your money back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->