Am I being stupid

oliviarose

Reaction score
Need your advice ladies.........

we have a shared drive and we have to park our cars in the back garden or on the road in front of our house.... We are currently in the process of digging out our front garden so that we are able to park the cars there.

Well our neighbours have their front drive as a drive and they park their van there and they have the back garden where they park their car.....

We recently had new gates put on our back garden and they have made it too tight of a squeeze to park our car there, so we have been parking it in front of our house. OH parks his car across the road.

We have been doing this for a couple of months now..... So our lovely neighbours have started to park their car half way down our SHARED drive and not in their garden. They haven't asked if this is okay.... So I have asked DH to park his car on the drive when he gets in (as that is where theres is now!!), but he won't as he things I am being unreasonable. But I don't think I am. We could of parked our cars on the drive for the last few months, but we have been considerate as it is a SHARED drive. He is just being a wimp and thinks it will cause an argument.

Would I be being really childish if I parked our car on OUR drive in front of their car?

are the blocking your way in or out? if so, then say something, if not then i would leave them too it

definitely wouldnt park in front of them to be petit though

are the blocking your way in or out? if so, then say something, if not then i would leave them too it

definitely wouldnt park in front of them to be petit though

They are blocking the way into our parking space in our garden, but it is a real struggle to get our car in there now, so we have been parking it on the pavement outside our house......

Just annoys me, as we could of parked our car on the drive for the last couple of months, but we were being considerate as it is a shared drive and not just assuming that we can park there.

Personally I'd go round and ask them politely not to do it.. before parking there. x

Oh yeah I would just ask if they could either park on their own garden, or at least move their can over enough so that you can get into yours

I'd ask them to stop and if they don't I would block them in - then when they ask you to move say you will providing they don't park there.

I know how much trouble parking can cause - I have allocated parking and my neighbours park so close to me either side that I can't get in my car (intentionally) and there's been a few occasions whee I've had to climb through my boot with kids to even get in it!

I'd be annoyed at them doing that but you need to remember you need to live next door to them and you don't want to be on bad terms. I agree with your OH, I wouldn't park behind them. Not for their sake, for yours. You never know when you'll need your neighbours help plus it's a bit petty anyway. Go and speak to them and explain it makes things difficult if they park there and see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->