Am I being taken for a mug?

kit10grl

Reaction score
A girl I am friends with through an antenatal class sent me a Facebook message the other day. She hasn't been in touch for months as I didn't make the last meet up. All the other kids had colds and they agreed to meet anyway as they were all sick DD wasn't sick and is immunecompromised so we didn't go. I let them know beforehand we wouldn't be there. None of them answered the message and I haven't heard from them since till this message. She needs a suit for her son to war to a wedding on Mon. The one she ordered is to small. She was asking if my son had one would it fit and could she borrow it. She wasn't sure it would fit as she said she forgot how old DS was which I find rude in itself as it was a big joke on the first day we met that my son would only be a year old when DD was born. But I went and looked through his clothes as he is the right size. He didn't have a suit but a few shirt and ties so I offered her those. She read the message as soon as I sent it but didn't answer. 24 hours later she still had not answered so I messaged again saying are those any use? Again she read it straight away but didn't answer. Is it just me who thinks she is being rude for not even saying that's no use thanks anyway? I was already annoyed that the first time she got in touch was for a favour and then found out some Of the group met up the day after she messaged me. I have a feeling if I had had a suit I would have been invited to drop it off but as I didn't I wasn't invited. I guess they don't want their precious bundles round the special needs kids.

Tempted to just delete her and be done with it. wWYD?

Yeah that's incredibly rude!
Tbh if you hardly talk then yes I'd just delete, block and carry on.

I get really annoyed when I see someone has read my message anf not replied, fair enough an hour or two but not days!
I think she sounds like she was usig you a bit as I bet she would have replied if you did have a suit!

I'd get rid of "friends" like that.

That is so rude! I would definitely delete!

Get rid! She sounds like a complete user hun. x

Friends who only contact you when they want something aren't friends. She doesn't sound a very nice person to me, so delete her!

Completely agree, delete and block. It's hard enough not to feel excluded at the best of times when you have a special needs child without someone treating you this way xx

I'd delete her too. You don't need someone like that

I agree hun she doesn't seem worth it I'd just delete x

Ugh that is so so rude. Ive definitely been guilty of reading a message and then getting distracted and forgetting to reply for a while. But getting a second message and stillnot replying, that is blatantly not a mistake. I'd get her out of my life- youand your kids don't need crappy friends like her around!

Yeh I figured as much just wanted to check I wasn't over reacting. I sent a final message essentially saying manners cost nothing which she did eventually reply to saying KT was the last thing on her mind as she was so stressed about her sister being in theatre for an operation (c section she posted about the other day hardly surgery of the year) and she obviously doesn't realise I've seen the pictures from the play date the other mum posted. So it's not like she didn't have time. Will be deleting her. Think I might just do a big clear out. Fed up of friends who are never actually there for me

You're a better person than I am, I don't think I would have even looked through my sons things for her! You're well rid hun x

Big clearout and get rid of all those fakers, you'll feel so much better once they're gone!

I got a friend like that, goes days an weeks without replying then she'll pop up to say hello wanna meet? Really annoys me hun, i would just delete an forget x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->