Am I crazy?

my temp spiked today! either i was extra warm last night or i ovulated? bah..
i think it likely takes more than 3 readings to establish a pattern? 3 more days till you test again?

my temp spiked today! either i was extra warm last night or i ovulated? bah..
i think it likely takes more than 3 readings to establish a pattern? 3 more days till you test again?

That looks promising! It's a really BIG temp spike! :happydance:

That would mean you ovulated approximately yesterday, since the temp rise happens after the egg's already released, from what I've read. Hopefully you :sex:'d yesterday or the day before!

And I'm waiting for CD 10 to test, at the very least. So two more days if you don't count today. Since I only test with FMU and I already went this morning, I don't count today any more. Besides, it sounds like less time to wait if I say two days! :haha:

Hopefully I can hold out. :dohh:

Well! I hope your line turns green and mine does shortly after!
Do you take your temp while still in bed? The reason I ask is the one I took from my bed was even higher... The one right when I woke up.
2 days!! That's is killer!!! Thursday sounds like a great day.

Well! I hope your line turns green and mine does shortly after!
Do you take your temp while still in bed? The reason I ask is the one I took from my bed was even higher... The one right when I woke up.
2 days!! That's is killer!!! Thursday sounds like a great day.

Yeah, you take it before you even move much. Keep the BBT thermometer on your night stand and immediately take your temp when you wake up.

Don't speak, don't get up to pee, don't move around much. The notion is that movement wakes up your metabolism and your temp will spike, and then there's also the fact that if it's really cold outside of your blankets, that might also have an effect on the temperature read out.

What I do is I have alarm set on my phone for the same time every morning, 7 days a week. Alarm goes off, I immediately temp -- then I can decide whether to get up for the day or go back to sleep.

Some people do their temps REALLY early. Like if they don't need to be up for work until 6am, they set the alarm for 5am to take their temps. I guess the idea for that is that you haven't started to naturally wake up at that hour, or something. But I am not a morning person at all! I could never temp at 5am. lol

I take my temp at 5am! :) I don't have to wake up 'til 7am. Then i just go back to sleep. My thermometer keeps the last taken temp in memory so i could record it when i properly wake up.

And yes, you need 3 days of elevated temps for ff to show ovulation. I'm not sure though if you'll be given crosshairs if there isn't enough temps prior to that. Ff usually computes for your average temp before ovulation.

ok, I have started doing it as soon as I open my eyes (usually within 15 minutes of each day) i had to do it twice this morning because it was morning...because it was higher than yesterday and I couldn't believe it.
I was so sleepy, i read the thing upside down and thought it said 46? hahahaha.

lol - too funny! I've done that before! "What!? 20 degrees!? This thermometer is a piece of cr-- wait. :dohh: "

FF tried to change my ovulation day to CD40 today, which is ridiculous! I don't have any fertile signs at all right now or in the past few days, either. Not CM, not CP, nothing. So I switched from the Advanced detector to the FAM detector, and it put my crosshairs at CD33, which is a day earlier than it was before...

Which makes today 10DPO. I tested this morning because of that, but got BFN. Gonna try and hold out a few more days and test again on the weekend. I still don't have a lot of PMS or Pregnancy symptoms, so I don't know if I'm out t his month or not. Hmmmm!

I am still rooting for you girl! I hope that nasty witch doesnt show up for you at all.
I have read that it can take 14 days to show up... and if you are using "cheapies" maybe its best to wait a little longer, which is even worse #thestruggleisreal

I was going to go buy some cheapies today, but then realised that will just tempt me to test, so I decided not to. If I did ovulate two days ago... that would put my test date June 29, but really, who am I kidding...

I am still rooting for you girl! I hope that nasty witch doesnt show up for you at all.
I have read that it can take 14 days to show up... and if you are using "cheapies" maybe its best to wait a little longer, which is even worse #thestruggleisreal

I was going to go buy some cheapies today, but then realised that will just tempt me to test, so I decided not to. If I did ovulate two days ago... that would put my test date June 29, but really, who am I kidding...

Thanks! I'm still hopeful too! :)

And good idea, waiting to buy some HPTs. I know that has helped me keep from testing in the past! lol. But I just bought more OPKs and they come with HPTs in the pack, so I have tons of them here just waiting to be used. lol!

What are OPK? ovulation predictor kit?
my temp is high for the third day! how exciting. I think we had well timed intercourse!
I have to admit, I woke up this morning and couldnt wait to look at your chart! I was hoping to see it green! I know you wanted to wait to test till after the weekend, but I am thinking we are similar, and I would not have been able to wait! :):)
Even though it appears I JUST ovulated, I am going to test on Saturday morning, because if by some miracle, I get a BFP, I would love to tell my husband on Fathers Day!

OHHH! and I also see you have a weight loss thread! Have you heard of this app called "my fitness pal"? its free, very easy to use, and has helped me loose tons in the past. tracking is key, even when you are going over your calorie limits :)

OHHH! and I also see you have a weight loss thread! Have you heard of this app called "my fitness pal"? its free, very easy to use, and has helped me loose tons in the past. tracking is key, even when you are going over your calorie limits :)

Yep! I use that too. My username on MFP is the same as my B&B name, ireadyermind !

Feel free to add me on there if you use it! :) I suspect I have PCOS (so does my OB/GYN, and I have to go in for tests if AF shows up this month) and it's making it incredibly, ridiculously hard for me to lose weight.

Even when I'm regularly exercising and counting calories, I tend to continue to gain weight, which is maddening! :dohh: So if AF shows up this month, I'm going to get the appropriate testing done to confirm PCOS, get the right meds, and get this weight OFF! :thumbup:

Wow! Well, if PCOS is what is going on, I am glad it was detected and hopefully can help you get back on track. :)
I was tested for PCOS in Feb, but doc was happy with all my hormones. He thinks it just takes a long time (for some people) for the birth control pill to get out, and your body to resume to "normal" :)
I have decided to test tomorrow. Hopefully I can give the hubby a unforgettable fathers day! LOL.

Wow! Well, if PCOS is what is going on, I am glad it was detected and hopefully can help you get back on track. :)
I was tested for PCOS in Feb, but doc was happy with all my hormones. He thinks it just takes a long time (for some people) for the birth control pill to get out, and your body to resume to "normal" :)
I have decided to test tomorrow. Hopefully I can give the hubby a unforgettable fathers day! LOL.

That would be awesome! I was hoping to be able to do the same for my husband.

I started getting bloody noses yesterday out of the blue, and apparently that's a pregnancy symptom, but after another pregnancy dream last night I woke up and tested this AM and still got a BFN. I know technically it's still too early, so we'll see what happens! If I can hold out until Sunday before testing again (as long as AF doesn't show!) maybe I'll get a BFP? I sure hope so!

OMG! I am so excited for you!!
I had some a tiny bit of spotting last night and started crying because I thought for sure it was the :witch:but nothing more this morning...? not sure whats going on. Hopefully I get a :BFP: too :)

Fingers crossed for you! If your temps stay high for the next 10 or so days it's usually a good sign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->