Am I Crazy

gflady

mummy to theo
Reaction score
So, I'm in my final year of my nursing degree (finish in Dec), have been married almost 7 years and have PCOS. For the last year I have been broody and I'm getting to that point now where I cannot stop obsessing over having a baby (which isn't helped by the fact the my friends are having them).

My question is, would you start trying to concieve now knowing that there are only 9 months left til i finish my course? My problem is that because of my PCOS it could take ages to concieve so I'm thinking we may as well get on with it. I find myself desperate for a happy accident to occur. Know what I mean? I'm just so torn between my head staying "just wait for another 9 months" and the rest of me saying "get on with TTC already!".

Thanks guys!

Nope you're not crazy at all. I have amenorrhea and anovulation with suspected PCOS and I know concieving will be hard so I started trying the day I got married. Hopefully you wont have to try for long. Good luck.

Honestly, with how hard it is to get pregnant with PCOS, I wouldnt worry about waiting (coming from a person who has PCOS as well).

I didnt know I had PCOS when me and my husband started "trying" over a year ago. After we got engaged, we went into the "if it happens, it's for a reason" mode and I stopped taking birth control, and we just wanted to see if I would get pregnant.

I went 7 cycles and no :bfp: so I went to my ob/gyn five days before our wedding in August and told him we wanted to start trying immediately. That's when he told me that I have PCOS. He put me on metformin and aldactone. He also put me on Ovcon-50 for 3 months to get me regulated, then wanted me to start the clomid.

Now its been 7 months that we've been actively trying using a saliva scope and still no BFP.
Its more of an odds thing. Everyone's PCOS is different, but coming from my experience, it's hard to get pregnant with it and should take a while. So maybe if you get started now and keep trying, it will happen as soon as God is ready to let it happen.

I think you should go for it girl!! I can take such a long time to get pregnant even without any complications so I wouldnt put it off, you only have 9 months left anyway!!

Good luck to you!

I say start trying now if you want to get pregnant right after you finish school! To be the devil's advocate, just remember the years you spent in school to become a nurse and then think that as soon as you have a baby, your career will be put on hold. Besides that, it can take a while to conceive with PCOS, so start trying as soon as possible! I only know that I have ovarian cysts (dont know about the "syndrome" yet), and this is our 8th cycle TTC! Good luck girl!!

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your input. It feels right to start trying now, y'know what I mean? I'd be gutted if we waited until I finished studying and then found it to take a few years to get pregnant. I think we're going to start trying now, but in an informal sense (I'll cut back on caffeine and alcohol and start taking prenatals, ad we'll stop using contraception). I'm just tired of taking pregnancy tests desperately hoping for a positive. So excited that we're TTC camp :) xxx

I'm graduating in December as well and TTC now. And I don't have PCOS. I figure why not?

I don't think you are crazy. I am also graduating in Dec. I especially if you have PCOS. I think you are just being prepared. GOOD LUCK!

Not crazy at all, there is never a perfect time to have a baby ! Something will always get in the way whether it be money, education, housing whatever, and before you know it your 70.
I am in my first year of a Biomedical Science degree and have been TTC for 4 months (6 cycles) now.
At the end of the day, when it happens it is possible to make it work without having to sacrifice your education !
My sister did her GCSEs while 9 months pregnant with my niece, had her and went to a maths exam the next day, she got all A's and B's, so it is possible.
Plus with university, they expect people to have babies, it's not like we're 15 anymore, and I'm sure the university will do all they can do to help =)

That's what I figure too BeesBella. Last summer I wrote a list of what was stopping me from TTC and out of all of those things stopping me only studying is left. It's funny how much can change in 6 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->