Am I doing something wrong with BTP?

OmiOmen

Mum of two
Reaction score
My son is 4 months old now and he was on the second to last row of snaps on his BTP until recently. After thinning out he went down snaps on some brands and up on others. My itti bitti's are now in xl size which seems odd at 4 months old and I am wondering am I putting them on wrong? I can not get them to fit if I go down a row of snaps now. I can not seem to turn the photo around on my phone but does the fit look right? I am worried he will outgrow nappies before he is potty trained!

View attachment 683299

It's really common for fairly young babies to have OS nappies on the larger sizes and parents often worry that the nappies won't last, but remember your LO is hardly moving at the moment. Once babies start rolling, crawling, walking etc they often slim down quite a lot. My LO never went down the rise settings again but we were able to fasten the waist and legs tighter once she started walking.

With the Ittis, remember that Ittis are low rise nappies so you shouldn't expect them to have the same kind of fit as a bumGenius or similar. That said, if the way you're using them is working, there's no need to change it! As LO grows, you will just find the nappies get lower rise (but if LO has a chubby bum, as mine did, you may find the rise stays looking the same as there's less bum in the nappy once they slim down so the nappy can stay the same height around the waist despite LO being longer!).

Looking at the photo, your LO has good chunky legs so that is probably why you get away with the rise on the bigger settings. You have the waist quite small so I wouldn't worry about room to grow. The rise will get lower (think hips rather than waist for Ittis) and the waist has plenty of room to expand. If you were to go for a more standard Itti fit, you'd take the rise setting down one or two settings so it's low, but then you'd have the waist looser as it would be around hips rather than waist and you'd need the extra room for his thighs.

Thanks. They do fit my 3 year old (who was out of nappies long ago, I just wondered if they would fit) but he is really skinny so I was starting to worry my chunky baby might struggle.

I'm sure they'll be fine. They're on pretty small at the waist now so there's plenty of room to grow. Lots of chunky babies are needing their nappies to be fastened much looser than that and they still last :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->