Am I doing this right - starting out!

AP

Reaction score
We've been officially told by the hospital to wean now (Alex is 13 weeks corrected age), and we've found she LOVES the rice for lunch. I only have her a few spoonfuls and will continue to do this for 2 weeks, then introduce maybe fruity porrage in the morning?

Have I got the right idea?

Sounds fine to me, build it up slowly. You could do plain porridge with fruit puree stirred in as an alternative to fruity porridge which tends to have sugar added...

I am sooooo not in a rush to do this! LOL!

goodluck babe, cant belive shes over 6 months already!! lol lol
I'm trying with Mylo too at 5 months but hes not seeming to take to it yet.

I have started Myles off on pureed veg, I don't like the baby rice, it doesn't taste of anything! I think it is important to give savoury foods to begin with as well as sweet so as not to encourage a sweet tooth, Myles' fave is pureed parsnip :)

Funny she seemed to prefer jars of the rice rather than it made up from a box...so she obviously likes different tastes. Shes already used to strawberry calpol, minty meds and yukky abidec!

The stuff in the box is a bit wallpaper paste ish! not tried the jars are they nice?

i'll need to ask alex :blush: no i think so she certainly gobbles it down better! im scared to taste these things im terrified of new foods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->