am i feeding him enough?

Enasy

TTC #3
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have so many questions. My son is 6 and a half months old, we started weaning at 4months old and have had no problems at all he will eat anything. What i stress about is..

Am i feeding him enough/too much
On a normal day he has 200ml of formula milk at about 6am, then 8am he will have x3 teaspoons of dry baby porridge wixed with formula milk. 12ish he has lunch which is normally 70ml savory followed by about the same size portion of pureed fruit. during the afternoon he will have another 200ml bottle. at at about 4pm he has finger food like a piece of toast or something. then a 200ml bottle before bed.

He used to have 4 bottles a day but started refusing it.

what portion size should i be aiming at?

his weight is fine, and he is a happy little boy.
should he be having more fruit? should he be having a larger meal for evening dinner instead of finger food? he has a mixture of fish, chicken and beef over a week but is he getting everything he needs?

At his age, he should be getting everything he needs nutritionally from formula, so if you're feeding him as much formula as he wants and he refuses to have anymore and doesn't seem hungry in between meals and bottles, then yes, he's getting all he needs. Eating at this point is really just about learning to eat, trying new flavours and textures, etc. and the amount doesn't matter really until he's not really having much in the way of milk feeds anymore (which likely won't be until past 1). You could definitely start offering a wider variety of things for him to try, like fruit as finger food for breakfast or more complex meals for dinner, basically whatever you're eating if you aren't already doing that. But yes, otherwise, if he isn't hungry for more milk and won't take more, he's eating enough. My daughter was only on one meal at day at that age, so in terms of solids, it sounds like he's eating plenty. I would offer him as much as he wants. Again, he'll know when he's full. So make lots and offer him all he wants until he's finished and doesn't want anymore.

thx ladies, he eats what we eat i just take his out the pan before i add salt for us. i was just worried as when he finishes his food he will cry as if he wants more. but the portion he just ate seems big to me. i honestly think he would just eat and eat. even after a full meal he will then sit watching us eat looking like ive not fed him. don't know whether he may just enjoy eating, or the 100% attention he gets when im feeding him maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->