Am i having my first actual period or am i just still bleeding from D&C?

nfellyn4

Reaction score
Hi Mommies,

I had a D&C last month on Feb 11 & i bled for 2 weeks. Then i had protected sex with contraceptive pill (Postinor-2) right after it. Condom was perfectly fine after the sex as well :) after that i had some brown spotting again, i'm guessing it's from the pills (my gynea gave me the pills after my D&C for just in case i had unprotected sex, but i took them anyway eventhough we had condom on). After that, i experienced stomach bloating on & off and i was passing a lot of gas. Until late last night i was massaging my belly for a little comfort from the bloating & farting (lol), i suddenly starting bleeding again. I was surprised. My D&C will be a month this coming thursday (march 10), so i'm expecting my first actual period to arrive, although it might come in the 5th week or 6th or even later. So i started bleeding red blood but all the stomach pain is gone. The bloating has gone as well. But the bleeding has also stop now. I'm guessing i was only bleeding for a couple of hours. A small clot appeared too. I showered earlier & changed to a new pad & up until now it's spotless. So, now i'm confused whether the red blood was a "balanced pending" blood from the D&C or was it my 1st period? I read that your first actual period would only come after no bleeding or spotting for at least 20 days & at least 4 weeks after the D&C. Is this true? I really hope someone could shed some light here. Tq :)

I had my 1st period 3 weeks after my 2nd D&C , I was spotting on & off before it started.

It started 4 weeks after my 1st D&C and again I was spotting on & off before it started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->