am I in labour?

Willow87

Reaction score
I had a sweep yesterday morning. Had some niggly pains. Lost mucous plug yesterday I believe and have been losing bits by bits all night. Started getting what I would assume were contractions. They felt like I needed a bowel movement but couldnt. Was actually painful and they were 10 minutes apart. It seems to have subsided but they come and go. I can hardly walk straight lol. I am 6 days overdue.

I agree!! Keep active to encourage more contractions! Good luck!

They keep varying. Sometimes I can go 20 minutes without a contraction. Im worried these arent contractions. Like they are def uncomfortable but I can talk through them. Everyone said they should feel like period cramps but it feels more like gas pains. Lol.

Gas/needing the loo and period pains are the same for me lol.... makes for an interesting pregnancy lol

In very early labour you dont always have consitant contractions, you may just be in slow/early labour. Just carry on as normally as you can and see what happens.. :)

Thanks guys. Just lost a massive wad of mucous plug with a bit of blood. Contractions are still there varying anywhete from every 8 minutes to every 15 minutes. Going to take a nice walk in a bit. Just want to get this done. Its all so painful though. :(

That's exactly what my contractions felt like! Even when they were every 4 minutes and floored me I told everyone I wasn't in labour and just needed to poo! Ha ha!

Man I am over this. Nothing has progressed. Tomorrow morning will be exactly 48 hours since my midwife did my sweep... Which will mean it was unsucessful. My hubby is upset because he really thought today will be the day. I feel like a failure. Why cant things just go my way for once? I am just going to rest now till my induction on friday. I dont even care for a natural birth anymore. Whats the point if I cant labour where I want? I am so disappointed. I just want to get drugged and get it all over with on friday. No more walking or bouncing on this stupid ball. Im just exhausting myself for no reason.

Have you tried some good old fashioned sex with nipple stimulation? I know you're exhausted but keep at it. Sex, walking, bouncing on the ball. Keep it up! It's so worth it.

Willow, I know exactly how you feel. I am 10 days overdue today and so fed up. I never thought I would get this far into my pregnancy, had been convinced I'd be having a May baby. Had a sweep last Friday and was 2cm and completely effaced and the midwives thought I'd be having the baby any minute, then went for another sweep yesterday and cervix is posterior so they couldnt perform it properly. I too feel like a failure and not only am I getting hundreds of texts from people but now even my husband is telling me to hurry up! I know people just care but If I get one more text asking where the baby is, Im going to scream! I have been walking as much as I can, bouncing on my ball, pineapple, sex, raspberry leaf tea, you name it - nothing works! I really wanted a natural water birth but it looks like indunction on Friday :-(. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, at least youve had some contractions - sounds promising x

It sounds that way. But if u have to ask ur prob not! Xxx

Don't be disheartened if they stop and start with all of my 4 I didn't have regular contractions until just before I was ready to push with my 4th I just had niggly pains went for 39week check up at hospital and they went to do a sweep and I was sent to labour ward as was 4cm dilated by the time I walked to labour ward from antenatal I was 6cm still with no real pain it didn't seem normal that was at 1:30pm got pain at 3pm and baby was born at 3:20pm

Your much better trying to get yourself started than waiting for induction as that can make it extremely more painful so keep trying to get baby out until you have no option but to be induced x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->