Am i just obsessed?

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Hi all, i had Poppy in August, pregnancy was awful, had pre eclampsia and SPD, birth was just as bad at 54 hours, forceps and a 3rd degree tear, Poppy was really poorly and had operations and spent time in childrens hospitals and i suffered pnd. I am much better now, off medication and feel fine but for the past 2 months i am so so broody! I don't know whats wrong with me! I always wanted babies and suffered mc's before finally having Poppy. It was always this really painful urge that i couldn't shake and now its back. Hubby and i decided just after her birth that we would start trying again in sept 2011 but i go on about it so much we're now NTNP.

What i'm worrying about though is, do all women feel this way but don't just act on it? Do i really want another baby or am i just obsessed? It really is such a strong feeling i think about it most of the day but each time i tell someone i want another baby soon they look at me as though i'm mad which makes me doubt my feelings and think i am just mad! I know this might sound trivial but it really is getting me down. Thanks ladies :flower:

Wow you went through alot!
Glad everythings going better now..

Sometimes I think Im obsessed too, and crazy...:wacko:
I guess alot of women have these feelings..?

Well hey at least youre already ntnp!!

Good luck hun!

Just re read my post and it sound so garbled! Haha! I was just in such a rush to get it all out! Glad you could understand it! Good luck to you too sweetie xx

Hi all, i had Poppy in August, pregnancy was awful, had pre eclampsia and SPD, birth was just as bad at 54 hours, forceps and a 3rd degree tear, Poppy was really poorly and had operations and spent time in childrens hospitals and i suffered pnd. I am much better now, off medication and feel fine but for the past 2 months i am so so broody! I don't know whats wrong with me! I always wanted babies and suffered mc's before finally having Poppy. It was always this really painful urge that i couldn't shake and now its back. Hubby and i decided just after her birth that we would start trying again in sept 2011 but i go on about it so much we're now NTNP.

What i'm worrying about though is, do all women feel this way but don't just act on it? Do i really want another baby or am i just obsessed? It really is such a strong feeling i think about it most of the day but each time i tell someone i want another baby soon they look at me as though i'm mad which makes me doubt my feelings and think i am just mad! I know this might sound trivial but it really is getting me down. Thanks ladies :flower:

you sound just like me when i had my first..! when i looked at my newborn..she made me feel broody again! so no..you are not mad or obsessive..although i do feel that your hormones could be at play..!:headspin:

I have 2 dds and believe me..the hunger for a baby, is just as bad with my 1st and 2nd...ha ha...when i had my 1st dd i got pregnant 10 months later..people were saying 'your mad' or 'your pregnant...:dohh:AGAIN..!' but i didnt care...

im sure you and your DH wont take on more that you can handle..its hard having children with a small gap, but its also double the love....best wishes..:hugs:

I felt that way when my LO was 6 months old but didn't act on it because I really wanted to buy a house first. Also, as much as I liked the idea of having another baby I needed my first baby to be a little older. Everybody is different though and as long as you and your partner feel ready for #2 i say go for it.

yep i am just the same, it does get slightly less obsessive baby wanting. but i do think a LOT about having another baby, my #4. really worries me that i'll still want more after that !

i feel the same, morgans 8mth and i still aint wrote a birth story on here it was just awful BUT i want another and want one now :rofl:

Thank you so much ladies! I feel so much better now! Hubby and i had a big talk last night and decided if we aren't pregnant by september this year then thats when we'll start oficially trying. I doubt i'll be pregnant by then as we haven't had much luck with baby making in the past but if i am then thats a bonus. We waited a good while before even trying as hubby is in the army and i was an air hostess so neither had jobs ideal for raising a family and now i have a 9-5 job its ideal and there is nothing i need to wait for. We want a good sized family, definately 3, maybe 4 and i don't want to be having any too late so i suppose i don't have much waiting time anyway!

Babys Mother, that is exactly how i feel! I think people are bound to be shocked because of the tough time we had of it with Poppy but a few people have said they are shocked then sat and worked it out and realised its a similar gap to that between their kids! It just seems closer somehow!

Thank you all, its greatly appreciated! :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->