Am I just panicking

MrsLemon

Reaction score
HI ladies,

I just wanted your opinions before stressing myself out..

A week ago, I spent 16 hours without feeling my baby boy move and so phoned the hospital who asked me to come in.. baby was fine perfect heartbeat and the belts picked up movements I could`nt feel (I have an anterior placenta) eventually his kicks got stronger and i could feel them again..

but over the last day or two even tho I have felt kicks the amount of movement felt overall have decreased..
I am a first timer do I just need to relax and tell my midwife at my appointment Wednesday?

my husband says I`ve felt him move so he must be fine but he used to move so much more? He is a big baby predicted to be weighing 3 weeks ahead-

If it were me I'd want to be checked over. Decreased movements shouldn't be ignored even if you think it might only be due to having an anterior placenta (I had one with my son so I know how little you can feel sometimes!).

You sound worried so I think it would put your mind at rest to be seen :) xx

It's always better to be safe than sorry, I would call in and get checked out. They say you should never ignore changes in movement.

If you have tried all of the usual things that make him active normally then I would get monitored.

xx

Definitely no harm in getting checked out, but also try not to worry - my little boy never got into a 'pattern' of movement - some days he'd be quite active, but then I'd go a few days barely feeling him at all (and panicking of course!) A friend of mine had the same experience. So I'm sure your LO is perfectly fine, but do mention to your midwife if you're worried x

I would definitely want to be checked. Decreased movement is serious and CAN be a sign of fetal distress. I would get checked. Again, it could be nothing, but you would rather go get checked and it be nothing Than not go and regret it. Not trying to scare you.

Definitely worth getting checked if you're worried, but also remember that movement does start to slow down a bit toward the end as they run out of room to move. So it could be within the realm of "normal" too.

Get checked. Chances are all is fine but it really isn't worth taking the risk.

Definitely get checked, it could be nothing or it could be something but you'll never know till you get seen.
I was in hospital a few times being monitored and the midwives always stressed that I should always call if worried:flower:

Definitely go in. Our hospital was really pleased to see me when I went in for a change of movements, I felt baby low down but not the big kicks I was gettung so I knew it was alive but they say 'any change in movements' should be checked. No stress, just give them a call xx

At my last appointment I mentioned to my midwife that several days earlier I had felt decrease movement, but then he picked it back up and she was very clear that in the future I should NOT wait even until the morning if I feel decrease movement but should call her right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->