Am I kidding myself???

Tesa

Reaction score
Hi all

I wonder if anyone can offer me some insight. Since I got pregnant I have known my baby will be premature to some degree. My first son was born at 34 +5 and was pretty much ok / didnt suffer any serious consequences and was home in a couple of weeks. However as a result of his condition this pregnancy has been more heavily managed and we may deliver Wednesday this week (which will be 31 +5)

Because Ive known the whole way that bubs will be early, in my mind 31/32 weeks sounds ok - in fact it sounds almost normal to me now.

But I guess my question is...am I kidding myself? I have this image that at 32 weeks everything will be pretty much ok. Can anyone tell me the reality? What should I prepare for with a baby born this early?

PS the problem we have is blood related so I know the implications of that I guess I am looking for general compliactions of a 32 weeker re breathing etc

Thanks

Sorry, I wish I had more info for you....just wanted to give you a lil :hug: and tell you to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That my motto for situations I have no control over.
Hope everything turns out well for you and your family!

My boys were born at 31 + 3 and needed help breathing. They were ventilated for 5 days & were then on low flow oxygen for another 6 or 7 weeks. Other than that they just needed to feed & grow. Every baby is different though & everyone on here has a different story. Some babies just need to feed & grow whilst others have problems breathing, with brain bleeds & many other things.

I hope I havent scared you hun, my two are absolutely fine now & the doctors & babies are absolutely amazing! I hope everything works out ok, & feel free to ask as many questions as you like, the ladies here are more than happy to help x

Ive heard of even younger preemies not needing breathing assisstance at all, and brain bleeds are more commom 23-26 weeks(so younger gestations are more at risk)

At 31+5 its a bloomin good gestation, you've got steroids too and you shouldnt spend too long in neonatal.

Anna was born at 25+1 and only needed the ventilator for 2 hours, she is now getting cycled off the cpap.

I think it depends on the baby. I had my girls at 29 weeks and they spent 4 weeks in NNU, My friend had her twins at 32 weeks and they spent 2 weeks in NNU and my friend had her baby at 37 weeks and he spent 17 days in NNU! I think baby has a good chance at 32 weeks but its still not gonna be an easy ride. I am sure all will be as good as it can be and you have your steroid injections which I think are amazing! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->