Am I leaking? 29 weeks

Momof2onetube

Momma of 2 each <3
Reaction score
I’m 29 weeks in just a few moments... so OH and I have a very active BD life, we might’ve taken it a bit too far this evening though. Afterwards I was having some intense period like cramping, not rhythmic though, and I was able to fall asleep within half an hour. I just woke up two hours later and when I got up to go pee, I was feeling quite wet down there. I’ve never experienced this before so I’m a little startled! Could I be leaking amniotic fluid? I don’t want to overreact and page my midwife at nearly midnight.
Also, the wetness is clear, watery and a little on the sticky side on my hand. Any advice??

It's probably just discharge. My ob said if it's fluid it doesn't stop and I'd feel it running down my leg.

Try not to worry, but do call in if you think you need checked!

Thank you @jsquared for your reply! I ended up paging my midwife for some reassurance and she was confident that it’s not amnio fluid. I managed to get back to bed for a bit more sleep and the wetness has stopped, I’m just very sore still :dohh: guess we need to take it easier until 37 weeks

Glad to know it wasn't!

I had a few episodes where I thought I was leaking fluid when I was pregnant.
When I would phone the hospital's maternity ward, they would tell me to put a paper towel in my underwear and wait for 30mins-1hour. Amniotic fluid can have a yellow tint, so it would be visible in the paper towel!

I used that trick a few times, it helped!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->