• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I Pregnant? Or Just Paranoid?

I think the idea of a therapist would be to address the underlying reasons that you are unable to accept a definitive diagnosis of not pregnant, rather than "convince you" that your not pregnant.

I'm naturally a very anxious person. Plus in my culture it's heavily shunned to have a baby without a husband. I guess I just have a terrifying fear of being black balled from my community. And having a depressing a lonesome life, because nobody from my community would want me anymore. It's really nerve wrecking. He was my first and only, and I think I've learned my lesson. I won't be having sex until marriage. The anxiety is just too much, and it's not worth it. (I'm not under 18, the community I come from is just rather strict/ judgmental at times)

They would not miss the baby on your ultrasound, and you've had negative hpts. If you're this concerned, do you think maybe talking to a therapist might help?

I don't see how a therapist will be able to convince me... Unless my period comes, or 9 months have come and gone. I'm a complete wreck.

because you seem beyond stressed about it making you have symptoms and making your life sort of on hold for 9 months...that is not normal...
a therapist can help you sort through all this and help you and your body realize you are not pregnant and help you destress..

You are definitely not pregnant. Any of those tests alone would detect a pregnancy, all of them combined completely seals the deal that you are not pregnant.

I think you're stressing so much that it's preventing you from having a period. I also agree that you should possibly seek therapy as it sounds like you have very severe anxiety issues.

Hun, you aren't pregnant.
I have a retroverted uterus ( which makes it harder to see things on ultrasound ) and we were still able to see a gestation sac and a yolk sac at 5 weeks 3 days for me. I just had a bladder and kidney ultrasound and we seen baby again, when I emptied my bladder fully we were still clearly able to see her/him.
Sounds like you are extremely stressed out you poor thing.
Don't really have any advice just wanted to send some :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"