Am I Pregnant?

ramonabee

Reaction score
Ok, so at this point I'm really just kind of, sort of freaking out.

I'm in my early 20s, and I've had unprotected sex with my boyfriend several times in the last couple of months. Often times he will use a condom (or put on a condom) before things are "finished," but we have also used the withdrawal method more than once. I apologize if any of that was crude! Just trying to get out all of the facts!

My period is almost always regular. Especially in the last year, it has come at the exact same time every month, without exception. But then, I suppose this month was the exception--I just didn't realize it at the time, perhaps?

My period came a week earlier than usual this month (At least I thought it was my period). I had a UTI at the time, and I had a blood test taken. The doctor first asked me if I had been recently sexually active. I said no, because my mom was right there and I had a moment of discomfort. Even if they thought I hadn't been sexually active, they would know immediately if I were pregnant at the time, right? Something HCG-related would have popped up, I'd imagine... Because no one said anything to me about the presence of HCG, I just assumed that my early period was merely a coincidence.

But now I'm starting to wonder...if that was really my period. Because it began in a way that it never has before (at least, not that I can recall), with dried, dark blood. And the flow was lighter than usual, but not light enough for me to completely be convinced that something was up.

But now, a couple of weeks later...I've been experiencing nausea for several days, off-and-on (it's not bad right now). And every smell is bothering me (even with my stuffy nose, which also seems to have come out of nowhere). And I'm dizzy when I stand, often. And yesterday my hands randomly went numb for a few minutes, with tingles. And I'm crying about everything--the dumbest, least-cry-inducing things? more tears. And I'm really hungry despite my nausea. I've eaten twelve medium-sized scones in the last couple of days. I feel like I haven't eaten anything. And I've been urinating more than usual. And my stomach is bloated. And I've had soft stool/diarrhea for the past few days (SORRY TMI!!) And my head feels really full. And worst of all are my breasts. They feel ridiculously heavy and every time I get behind the wheel, every bump makes me want to scream. And they are kind of off and on veiny and really sensitive on the sides and bottoms. And because of all of these things, I'm seriously wondering if what I had was implantation bleeding.

At the same time, I know that this could be entirely psychosomatic, and maybe I've just worked myself into a mad panic, convincing myself of things...

What are your thoughts?

The nausea is really the thing that's throwing me off. I've probably only thrown up three or four times in my life--I'm often getting sinus infections (swimmer), but throwing up and nausea is never something I've had to get used to.

Have you done a test? None of this concludes anything without a positive test hun. x

I don't know--I'm kind of scared to! Also, when are they supposed to be taken?

Take a test...if it was implantation beleeding you had, you would have positive test at this point. Your symptoms could point to either at this point-but a test will tell you for sure;)

I agree, you need to take a test! I know it's scary if you don't want to be pregnant but it won't change anything - it will just mean you know either way!

If your symptoms are in fact because of pregnancy, a test will show an accurate result at this point.

While all of your symptoms sound like pregnancy symptoms, they could also be cause by other things (including your mind). Or if you've recently been on or off of birthcontrol.

I would definitely take a test sooner rather than later.

Let us know what happens, and good luck!

On a side note...so if implantation bleeding was occurring at the same time as my UTI...the blood test wouldn't have shown HCG? Or because they didn't think I was sexually active, they wouldn't have looked for it? What are your thoughts? I'm just curious. It's probably all psychosomatic!

On a side note...so if implantation bleeding was occurring at the same time as my UTI...the blood test wouldn't have shown HCG? Or because they didn't think I was sexually active, they wouldn't have looked for it? What are your thoughts? I'm just curious. It's probably all psychosomatic!

Well, it is definitely possible that since you answered that you were not sexually active, that they didn't test for a pregnancy. I am not sure as to what the protocol is.

And it is also possible that *if* the bleeding was from the UTI, that you wouldn't have had enough HCG to show up on a urine test yet. The blood may have been a result of the UTI or the stress of the UTI on your system.

Good luck!

If you were to take a HPT at the time of possible implantation..there wouldn't be enough hCG in your system to give a positive test. And if you answered no to being sexually active then they obviously didn't test you for pregnancy. Definately test, and then let us know. Your symptoms can also be related to PMS...some women even experience nausea etc just before AF shows. You never know. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->