Am I the only one petrified?

Me too! But also excited! My first was quites traumatic but my second was easy peasy! I'm just hoping I get an easy birth again this time

Your sooo not alone! I am on number 4 and this is the only one I have been terrified of. After 2 super fast super easy labours (20 mins and 40 mins)I have to say I am worried I will have a pants one x

Iv just heard first is harder. I know everyone is different but I hate pain :(

im scared lol -

im am the biggest wimp regarding pain but i managed back to back contrractions on top of each other for two days without pain relief last time so im sure you will be fine x

You're totally not alone - petrified! It's even worse now I've heard two women in labour (was at maternity assessment last night and they were both squealing so badly!!)

I am a bit jessie when it comes to pain :(

Im the same even though had a quick smooth running labour with my first im terrified that this is going to be the complete opposite! I guess we will soon see! Xx

Breath deep :). This is my third, and I'm not stressed. you will do just fine! I've done birth with epidural and natural, and both went just fine. Just go with the flow, you have options if the pain is too much, or you might find you don't need any meds. Either way, you honestly won't care once the baby is out and on your chest!
Think of all of us with more than one....it's obviously not all that bad!

I'm so scared too!its my First and I'm so excited about seeing baby but labour I'm not!

Aw you girls will do just fine!! I remember how scared I was and I know that there is not a lot anyone csn say bc every woman and every l&d is so different but the best piece of advice I can give is relax and trust your doctors! The more relaxed you are the faster and less painful it will be. I was induced bc my waters ruptured some. I made it 10 hours on no meds/just iv meds. What helped me the most was bresthing deeply, moaning low through the contractions and visisulizing my cervix being like s flower blooming and every time relaxed and exhaled it'd open a little more...sounds rly weird but it did help! Your body knows exactly what to do so don't worry! I know. .easier said than done. Just know that it was not nearly as bad as I had imagined it and now I feel silly thst I was so terrified

Hope that helps a little :hugs: good luck!

This is my second and Im a wee bit.petrified of something going wrong, not of labour itself. We live 850 miles away from our entire support.system, and are lucky to have someone who can look after dd while.Im in labour. Once we get home, hubs has to.immediately.go back to work, and Im terrified.of.how I will.cope if I need a.csection :(

I'm scared, but excited:shrug:
I don't handle pain very well.. and I don't want OH to panic!
But for us that haven't been through it before, it's so new.. so we don't know what to expect!:hugs:

With my first I was soo calm not scared at all got myself in the mind frame of well she has too come out and it won't last forever after a 5 day back to back slow labour this time I'm sh*#ting myself hahaha can't of been that bad though I'm doing it again after all and you do instantly forget its only the last few weeks as d day gets closer I've started worrying.... You'll be fine and god is it worth it :) x

I'm trying to convince myself its going to be perfect this time, I will have a successful VBAC and my daughter will be in my arms inside of 12 hours. :haha:

Then I look at my husband and he scares the shit out of me. Even the slightest issue he is totally going to freak and make me start panicking. Because I was a c-section the first time (not my fault) he thinks I now cannot deliver normal and Im going to harm the baby. Seriously. :cry: Stresses me out. Thats what makes me scared.

im a little concerned that I wont be strong enough to push him out! ive never been through it before I have no idea what its like. but ive been such a cripple with SPD and im feeling so weak all the time, what if I don't have the energy to push =/
im petrified of the thought of a c section! x

im a little concerned that I wont be strong enough to push him out! ive never been through it before I have no idea what its like. but ive been such a cripple with SPD and im feeling so weak all the time, what if I don't have the energy to push =/
im petrified of the thought of a c section! x

The last 4 weeks of my pregnancy were 10x more painful and exhausting than labor and delivery...I ended up getting an epidural for that exact reason tho not for pain bc the pain was still totally manageable..but bc I w as nt sure how much longer it'd be and I didn't want to be so tired from breathing through contractions thst I wouldn't have anything left when it came time to push. I got the epi at 430am snd he wsd born at 630 in 4 pushes. If I'd known it'd be so soon I wouldn't have gotten the epi I had let it wear off anyways by the time it came to push. Its such a different kind of pain bc you know for sure that its temporary and that it'll end with a baby :) and I'm pretty petite/boyish no hips kind of figure lol and I was able to push out my almost 8 pounder!
Just don't be afraid and don't hold back and your body will totally take over I didn't have to think or consciously do anything once I was pushing its hard to explain but its like your animsl side takes over

ME! Ecspecially now that i'm in third tri and see all these posts about women going into labor.reading them makes me dizzy and sick.i dont feel ready for this at all!

another scaredy-cat here too :argh:
I've dreaded the thought of labour for many years (!) but now I'm in it and there's no turning back I'm really trying to prepare myself mentally. I think I could almost say that I'm less scared now than years past when I wasn't even pregnant...but I'm still scared, yikes!! I've started antenatal classes too which are helping to calm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->