Am I the only one petrified?

im a little concerned that I wont be strong enough to push him out! ive never been through it before I have no idea what its like. but ive been such a cripple with SPD and im feeling so weak all the time, what if I don't have the energy to push =/
im petrified of the thought of a c section! x

The last 4 weeks of my pregnancy were 10x more painful and exhausting than labor and delivery...I ended up getting an epidural for that exact reason tho not for pain bc the pain was still totally manageable..but bc I w as nt sure how much longer it'd be and I didn't want to be so tired from breathing through contractions thst I wouldn't have anything left when it came time to push. I got the epi at 430am snd he wsd born at 630 in 4 pushes. If I'd known it'd be so soon I wouldn't have gotten the epi I had let it wear off anyways by the time it came to push. Its such a different kind of pain bc you know for sure that its temporary and that it'll end with a baby :) and I'm pretty petite/boyish no hips kind of figure lol and I was able to push out my almost 8 pounder!
Just don't be afraid and don't hold back and your body will totally take over I didn't have to think or consciously do anything once I was pushing its hard to explain but its like your animsl side takes over

thanks for this reply! ive been told your body just sort of 'takes over' and you really don't have to think about if you need to push, it just happens.. but the way ive been feeling ive been so scared that I wont be able to do it. I guess ill just have to start telling myself that I CAN and I WILL and hopefully ill get through it :) xx

I'm not scared unless I have to have a c section. That is the ONLY thing I am deathly afraid of. Sure I don't want an epidural either, but I could live with that. The way I see it, our bodies are meant to do this. Let your body do it and don't try to stop your body from doing what it knows how to do. If that makes sense. And this is my first one so I have no real idea how good or bad it will be. The doctor thinks I wont have a problem due to my nature and with everything I'm reading up on. Hopefully he's right XD

Kirsty-read all about the whole process of labor/delivery that's what I did. So when it was happening I knew exactly what was happening in my body and I could help calm myself. Right before I started pushing I remember crying out I'm scared but my MIL said take one deep bresth and when you exhale let all your fear go with it and push as soon as I did that was when my body took over and that's honestly the last clear thing I remember the rest of the pushing amd the actually crowning I can hardly imagine the pain at all...all I remember is that there was rly intense pressure and the amazing relief when he came out

As someone who was so petrified of going through labor that for several years I thought I would never have children... it turned out to be nowhere near as bad as I had imagined it would be. Especially if you are open to pain relief options! Once I got the epidural I didn't feel any pain or discomfort at all. I ended up sleeping from 3cm to 8cm! :haha: Didn't even feel her make her way out either; they had to tell me when she was crowning. You forget the pain pretty quick too - my sister asked me the other day what the contractions felt like, and I can't remember at this point. Just relax, take it one step/contraction at a time, and just go with your body. It truly is an amazing experience, and you feel so empowered after it's all over!

Oh! I forgot to add-my longest contractions were 1min long and 2 min apart. Time 60seconds on ur phone it rly isn't that long at all so just remember that. I would count down on some of them and tell myself ok only a few more seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->