Am I the only one who wishes recommended weaning age was LATER!

helent1983

Reaction score
Am I the only one who was scared / dreaded the thought of weaning their baby?? I loved the fact I only had to give him milk knowing that is all he needed. The thought of him eating solids petrified me!!! I wished the recommended age was a year old before I started!!

It is ok now as he has taken to solids great and at 8 months old is doing brilliantly however I find it really strange when I hear of people wanting to start weaning early!! (Obviously if early weaning is because of medical reasons then this is different!)

Anyone the same?

xx

Yes! Especially as he's so rubbish at it. Health visitors are all "oh he needs iron blah blah blah" and should be dropping milk feeds etc. but he just can't be fussed with it. So now I feel under pressure about him not eating enough but there's not much I can do aside from sticking a tube down his throat, lol.

Me too, me too!! I was just saying this to a friend earlier, how I just have it figured out with his feeds, naps and everything and weaning has come along!! I think I need to think of it a bit more positively, but I'm dreading it!!

Definitely, I was talking about that with a friend when we were both about to start weaning and we both would have loved to have been able to stick with milk, makes life so much easier!!

Yep. Milk is so much easier, and I felt so proud to have given her all the nourishment she needed. I love feeding her, and hope she won't self wean too soon!

Yes, the milk-only days were way easier and required a lot less thought and planning.

The only thing that I find better/easier since doing BLW, is being able to eat my own breakfast and lunch in peace!

Yeah I was a total mess the weeks before I started weaning! I was constantly freaking out about what to give him! I started on baby rice and when he wouldnt take it I thought he was gonna be on formula for the rest of his life :haha:

But then when I gave him veggies he just loved them and now he is doing great! I cant believe how much of a mess I got myself into! x x x

Totally agree! We have good weaning days and bad! Lo was rushed to trauama unit last week and we spent 2 nights in hospitala nd he was ONLY on boobie and ya know what - he slept exactly like he normally did, might have had a wee bit more boob than normal but he was fine :)

Yeah I dreaded starting the weaning process and there was no way I was starting before 6 months. Much preferred being able to just pop Poppy on the boob wherever we were at whatever time and not have to worry about being at home to puree and heat things up!

Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one!! I was getting worried I was a bit strange!! It just seemed like there is a lot of early weaning threads appearing recently and weaning was the last thing on my mind at 4 months (well apart from being worried about the time approaching!!!)

xx

I weaned at 5 months and wished I hadn't now. wish i'd made the most of another month of just boob, also think earlier weaning contributed to the 2 nursing strikes which stopped us bfing :( if I have any more babies, il defo wait till 6 months :) xxxx

Plus it takes alot of time too, the effort of making sure he is happy enough to sit still in his highchair - my lo is such an active little man!

I was scared to death and continued to believe that it would be 6 months corrected age for age.

Til I got my Bliss pack through the door which informed me preemies need to be weaned at their ACTUAL age! 5-7 months!

So realistically I had to wean Alex at 2-4 months!!!!!! I was spewing at this and really held back until I though she can manage.

Even now I am very wary about what I give her and I am pretty scared about it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->