am I the only one?

hersweetleaf

mommy to a baby hulk
Reaction score
Im 7 weeks and 2 days today. I have my first appointment with my doc on the 31st at which time ill be 8 weeks. Im just nervous, what if its all in my head, i know the chances are slim that i missed AF this month, that im moody, boobs hurt, cramping (no spotting) etc etc, but the brain is such a powerful thing and ive wanted this for so long im worried that when we go to the doc that they wont find anything. Weve already told friends, family and even bought things (early i know but we cant help it), i just dont want to look like a complete weirdo or something. :blush:

so how many of you have had this feeling? like is there really a baby in me? i know it will get real once i see or hear from the doc that im indeed prego, i just dont want to feel alone in this at the moment.

We had this feeling. My wife said exactly the same as you did. In fact I've read and heard that pretty much EVERY woman feels this at your stage.

1) Don't feel stupid by feeling like this. It's totally natural.
2) Look forward to your dating scan and be positive. It'll be a wonderful experience when you see the midget for the first time
3) Enjoy every moment between now and the birth of your child - you'll experience many, many more feelings and emotions.

Now I know I can't speak from personal experience but it's as close as it gets as I'm close with my wife :flower:

I feel a bit like this, particularly as I haven't been having many symptoms - only backache, some fatigue, sore boobs and a tiny bit of nausea.
But even all these symptoms I keep thinking I've made up, and they're things which I've felt before in the past not anything new!
I know it sounds ridiculous and I'll get shot down for saying this lol but I would even love to have a bit of morning sickness - I think that would make it more real for me.

My first docs appointment is just after 7 weeks - on 10th Feb.

Good luck hun, you're not the only one feeling like this xx

Same here hun, i didnt get many symptoms 1st time round, only a little bit of nausea, moodiness, and i thought i had made up all my symptoms.

Even the 12wk scan felt surreal and didnt actually believe i was pg until i had a bump and felt baby move. This wasn't until i was about 20 wks pg. lol.

What your feeling is perfectly normal, so relax and enjoy the first few months xx

Im 7 weeks and 2 days today. I have my first appointment with my doc on the 31st at which time ill be 8 weeks. Im just nervous, what if its all in my head, i know the chances are slim that i missed AF this month, that im moody, boobs hurt, cramping (no spotting) etc etc, but the brain is such a powerful thing and ive wanted this for so long im worried that when we go to the doc that they wont find anything. Weve already told friends, family and even bought things (early i know but we cant help it), i just dont want to look like a complete weirdo or something. :blush:

so how many of you have had this feeling? like is there really a baby in me? i know it will get real once i see or hear from the doc that im indeed prego, i just dont want to feel alone in this at the moment.

I completely understand, and feel the same way you do. I don't know how far along I am, due to the fact that my Cycles, are wacky, and after 3 pregnancy tests, I'm still worried that when I go to the doctor on the 1st it will all by in my head, all the symptoms, and the tests. And we've done the same thing, already told everyone. :hugs:

On the day Af was due I did 2 tests, a cheapie in the morning which came up BFP and then a clearblue digital in the evening to check it. I made an app with the doc for later that week and the day before I did another test to make sure it wasn't my imagination (it wasn't but didn't want the doc telling me I was making it up - however they don't even do a test!)
I had my first midwife appt on mon so..... last fri I did another test again in case it was all in my imagination! I didn't buy it, I had it left over from TTC and it had been calling out to me for several days so i figured that i may as well use it! Hubby, my sister and my mum all laughed lots when i told them!

So basicly, no you're not going mad and yes you are pregnant x :flower:

I felt like this too. I was convinced it was all in my head, but when i had my scan my baby was there with its little heart beating away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->