am I the only one

Shri

Reaction score
who still can't get anything done outside of nursing, changing and soothing the baby?

Oscar is now two months old - our house is a tip, I haven't folded and put away the laundry since he was born, we just take it off the drying rack or out of the tumble dryer -
I still have days when I don't manage to change out of my jammies
IF he does nap, I can maybe make one quick phone call before he starts up again. I haven't cooked a meal since he was born.

I feel so discouraged when I read about other mums or see them out and about looking so calm and glam.

He is wonderful but he just demands constant attention. I've tried controlled crying to get him to learn to sleep by himself, but somehow we failed on that and are still pacing around the house rocking him to sleep each night. OH stays up until 3 with him. If he is awake and calm, he wants to play and I feel I am missing out on his smiles if I just leave him to his own devices.

It's like he is tuned into me and if I dare to do anything other than pay attention to him it's wwwwwwwwaaahhhh waaaaahhhhhh wahhhhhhh

AND at night he still wakes to feed every three hours or so.

I've read a bunch of books and gotten fed up. We have tried all sorts and mum says it is just his personality and he is still little and give it a bit longer he will settle down.

Am I doing it all wrong or what? :cry:

aw no ur not doing it wrong hun, like ur mam said, its just how he is, some babies take longer to get into routines that we like hehe

x

My son is 8 1/2 month sold, and I have a hard time getting it all done these days.

My house isn't that tidy either... i've only got a year off so im spending it playing with my girl.

Im sure your lo will come around soon. The only tip I can give with sleeping routines is have a routine and stick to it, even if it means taking several weeks to master.

I am struggling too-- some days I think he hates me. =(

Hang in there- it really does get better!

He's way to young for the controlled crying to work imo :hug: Babies don't learn to self soothe until 4-6 months of age. I spent the first 3.5 months of Hannah's life sitting in a chair with her most of the day because she wanted to be held, naps and all. She's gotten better since, even napping on her own in her crib. I still don't have tons of free time but I have more than I used too! It does get better :hugs:

Ya, Jasmine wont nap unless im holding her too... She sleeps perfect once its bedtime and will go in her crib awake, but for some reason in the day she just wants to be held. If Im lucky she will sleep for a bit in her bouncy chair.

He's way to young for the controlled crying to work imo :hug: Babies don't learn to self soothe until 4-6 months of age. I spent the first 3.5 months of Hannah's life sitting in a chair with her most of the day because she wanted to be held, naps and all. She's gotten better since, even napping on her own in her crib. I still don't have tons of free time but I have more than I used too! It does get better :hugs:

that sounds just like Oscar and I don't feel the CC can work either - we only tried it a little bit :blush: because he gets himself overtired. Mostly we hold him all the time and put him down when he is really asleep - then if we are lucky he will stay asleep for a couple of hours...

He'll actually stay down??? Hannah wouldn't at that age, not during the day, she was always better at night though. :lol: I don't know if there's anything you like to do, I found that reading while I was holding her helped me pass the time (and keep my sanity!)

I"m still struggling.My house looks as if there was a hurricane.I dont know how other people do it.My husband wants to get a maid,but I dont like having to order a stranger around.At least my husband bought a new dishwasher,so at least a machine can do that chore for me.

It does work sometimes at 2 months , it did for us and have had no sleepless night since she was 2 months old. And my 3 year old is the same never had a probem with house work iether.
But it all depends on your baby hun , as others have said he is still young so just ake a day at a time :)

my house isnt exactly tidy either.....im lucky to get the hoover out once a week now. all my effort is going to my baby. i sometimes get a couple of hours housework done if my hubby has elliot for a bit away from the house.

keely.

I'm looking around my house now and it's nothing like it used to be - I too have a pile of laundry sat beside me just having come out of the dryer waiting to be folded! And I'm on Bnb....priorities change and to have a little bit of relaxing time for yourself is so important! I found the first 3 months really challenging, I thought I was doing everything wrong and for me I found that gently introducing a routine worked . Being a first time mum I simply did not know what to expect and most days I felt as if I was just coping. I know everyone says it and when they said it to me I doubted it,but it does get better! x

Hi Ya. I tried not to change much when Toby was born. I still hoover everyday and he sits in his chair and watches me while I hoover etc. He likes the hoover. When he was tiny he slept loads so I used to get quite a bit done but now he naps mid morning and then sleeps in afternoon. Now I just take him from room to room with me and he watches and plays. I try to get this stuff done in the morning and we always go out in the afternoon as i find he sometimes gets a bit grumpy in the afternoon if he is tired. U will get things sorted eventually it takes time and all that matters is that u spend time with your baby as it goes so quickly. Is there anyone that can maybe take him out for a walk in the pram for you so u can get few things done? xx

Our house is a tip..Tonight I've got the choice of housework or an early night as LO is sleeping :happydance:
I'm going to take the early night!! :sleep: LO's had a cough and cold and I'm shattered!!

I find LO wont nap unless he's being held and wakes up if we put him down. He's great at night though.
Daytime he likes to see you and likes to be entertained pretty much constantly.
TBH...its OH who's bothered by the tip... :blush:

Ya, Jasmine wont nap unless im holding her too... She sleeps perfect once its bedtime and will go in her crib awake, but for some reason in the day she just wants to be held. If Im lucky she will sleep for a bit in her bouncy chair.

Aidan is very much like this, he sleeps so well at night but during the day he has to sleep on someone, but recently i have been letting him fall alseep on me for 30 mins then i put him on a cushon on the sofa on his back and then sit there with my hand on his belly for ten mins, and he'll sleep for an hour like that which gives me a chance to hoover up and put some washing on, aidan is 4 months old and he has only recently started doing this and he plays on his own for a short while but this only started a few weeks ago as well. As long as your LO is happy and looked after i wouldn't worry about your housework.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->