Am I Too Late This Cycle?

Sakura_Saku

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well, on the 2nd of this month I lost a chemical pregnancy, and as usual, my doctor wanted me to come in 14 days after my period started, to see whether or not I was going to be ovulating normally. I have endometriosis, so he checks me on the u/s.

Today was going to be my 15th day, and I was planning to go and get looked at (I had to wait because his office was closed yesterday), but I've come down with a nasty cold, and decided to just wait it out. My husband is sick, too.

Here's the thing...I check my basal temp. every morning and everything has been regular, BUT, this past Monday, I had a backache and felt a pinch on my left ovary (there's where I'm expecting there to be a follicle this time, so it seems good!). My husband and I had done our duty the night before, and I knew that my cervix had the welcome mat out. XD One might think that I might have just ovulated early and everything is looking promising, right?

Well, what has happened now is that yesterday afternoon (Thursday) I felt ANOTHER pinch on my left ovary...Hmm...There has been no spotting or bleeding or anything since (it's now Friday morning). Not sure what that could mean. My husband and I both caught this nasty cold on around Wednesday, so we've definitely NOT been up to our usual activities around ovulation time. The last time we did was Sunday.

Do you think that there is any possibility any of those swimmers might still have been around from Sunday night until Thursday afternoon or so, waiting to fertilize? Four days is a stretch, but what about the ovary pinch I actually felt on Monday? Could that have been ovulation? My basal temp checked in higher than usual this morning, but for all I know it might be from this cold. I've been feeling a little feverish, so it's hard to tell.

I guess this question is a little silly. I'm just feeling really crappy and wondered if there might still be hope for us this month. If we're feeling better tonight, hubby and I might try, but I fear that if I ovulated yesterday afternoon, it might be too late. Does anyone have any success stories regarding feeling like you missed ovulation but getting pregnant anyway? What are my chances, here?

I guess a little wishful thinking doesn't hurt. :)

Hmm do you keep a chart? I guess there is always a chance with 4days

Thanks so much for your reply, and I apologize for being so late with mine!

I'm sort of charting by way of a digital basal thermometer that charts and keeps notes, and I keep notes about spotting and other things worth noting on a calendar, but it's only been two months so far, so I'm not entirely sure what my body's rhythms are like just yet. I was on bc before this and it kept my cycles very regular. I also seem to be able to tell when I ovulate because it pinches at the right place and time. For instance, last month I was getting ultrasounds almost every week so the doctor could make sure I was going to actually ovulate, and he showed me the follicle in my right ovary. Sure enough, the next day I felt a pinch there, and I had indeed ovulated! :) So based on that, at least, I'm able to listen to my body better to find out what's going on.

In the time between when I posted this message and now, my bbt has risen and held steady so far. I guess now it's just wait for signs of implantation. We're still pretty sick with this cold/flu, but managed to still get one more attempt in the day after I felt the pinch in my left ovary. I've got ewcm up the yin yang, but I'm taking guaifenesin, too, so I don't know if that has any effect....I don't think I'm going to really be able to tell anything until after this cold is gone and I'm not influenced by its factors anymore. Here's hoping!!!

I would highly recommend FertilityFriend.com for tracking your temps and other info. I had temped for years but learned a lot after using their system. There is a link to my chart in my signature. Also it's free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->