Am i wrong to feel bad

lily24

Reaction score
Ok ladies, might be mad but here goes...

Just back from the bank. Met my other halfs uncle who with with his little boy.
We were chatting away and i asked him if his wife was working today, hense the reason he had the baby.
I said, 'so you are on babysitting dutie today then?' Not meaning anything by it, its just a saying, he didnt seem offended by it ither, butThe lady behind the counter turns and shouts
'HE IS NOT BABYSITTING, HE IS LOOKING AFTER HIS CHILD FOR GOD SAKE!'
i was mortified and she has made me feel so bad :(
I went back to the car, and my hormones being the way they are, cried my eyes out :cry:

Was it mean saying that....?!

no it wasnt! It' still fairly unusual for a dad to be tye regular day carer so it's fine.

Mean lady!!!!

I banged into someone coming out of the loos at work today. I said sorry and she just tutted and strutted off. I too was verging on sobbing!!
We're just hormonal.
And they're just grumpy miserable women! Sod them.

It wasn't any of her business anyways! Obviously the father knew it was just a saying and you were kidding around with him, she had no right to get involved.

Goodness!!! what a horrid woman!??!!? You shoulda yelled back "was I TALKING TO YOU!??!!?" ... I would've... Sounds like SHE's the hormonal one...
Dont let it get to you.

:hugs:

Pheew:dohh:after she said that i thought it might of sounded mean :( Exactly, its always his mum that has him, i was only joking around meaning was it his turn to look after the little one 2day.

Stupid old woman :)

If nobody asked questions nobody would get answers. That woman is so rude. I would've given her a piece of my mind lol

Gees, that is horrid. What is with people!?

Do not feel badly as you have every right not to. This person works in the bank? I would have asked to speak to her manager.

:hugs:

I say that babysitting duty comment all the time when I meet my friends OH's Mean Lady should mind her own business grrrr!!! :hugs:

I was actually in blooming shock when she said it :cry:

I feel like going in again and giving her a piece of my mind :hissy:
But i need to be calm... lol

Nothing out of line with what you said. The lady who said it should piss off and mind her own business.

I agree she should have minded her own business.

I also agree it is NOT babysitting when it's there own child - perhaps parenting or fathering is a better word?!

I agree she should have minded her own business.

I also agree it is NOT babysitting when it's there own child - perhaps parenting or fathering is a better word?!

Its a term alot of people use alot, im not going to turn round and say 'o are you fathering your child today'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->