Am worried has anyone ever had heart palpatations?

xxmum2bxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone was just wondering if anyone else has had heart palpatations??? I am 30 weeks pregnant and recently my heart has been missing beats and then thud in chest. I have no pains in chest or anything but am quite worried as it happens even when I am resting and night time. I went to the dr and had ecg which was fine but heart didnt skip a beat during it. Any advice is much appreciated! Makes me scared when it happens which will likely make it worse!

I've had these since the middle of my second trimester and my doctor said they were definitely normal. I usually get them the most when I'm laying down. The only thing she told me to keep an eye on is my blood pressure to make sure it's not getting too high.

Sucks, but it's just another part of pregnancy I'm afraid :(

These are something I had even before I was pregnant, and then they returned during the first trimester.
I have learnt to live with them as I have been told it is quite common and not dangerous unless they last for long periods of time.

I have found that making myself cough rights the rhythm, not sure if this works for everyone and I know it sounds a little strange but you could give it a try if they bother you.

:flower:

Yes,i have read its common in pregnancy. I have had them every time in my pregnancy. I have never had it checked out but im sure you will be fine. x

i told my midwive at the last appointment that i was getting them. i started getting thme at the start of my second tri and she told me to come back see the doctor the next day and that it wasnt normal so i was freaking out. but the doctor told me its normal but if i ever got chest pain to go straight to hospital!!

Yeah - me too, i'm 31 weeks and have them a lot. It makes me go so breathless and feel sick and dizzy too. Sometimes i get the strange feeling that my heart beat is thudding slowly in my ear! I've been told its perfectly normal but still worries me! x

I've had it but pre preg, mine was kinda like anxiety was worse when panicked etc Try deep breathing like in for 4 out for 6!

arrr yes i had these around the same time as u, at first i couldnt work out if i was having them or if LO was kicking me right at top - i spoke to my sister about it who has 2 daughters and she said its normal and she had them. If your owrried thou speak to MW

Had them in both my pregnancies so far. Sometimes tiny ones, sometimes "bigger take your breath away" ones. One trick they told me to help is to hold my breath and bear down. Kinda like you're trying to pop your ears but without holding your nose. (I hope that makes sense.)

Good luck mama, just remember to stay calm during them.

If you get any PAIN at all, call your DR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->