Amazon Fire Kids (Black Friday?)

Pearls18

Reaction score
We want to get his tablet for our 3 year old so opinions on it as a tablet welcome. My eldest has a hudl which we love but they don't do them anymore. Also, do Amazon do deals on these on Black Friday?

I bought dd a kindle fire when she was 2. I bought the regular one bc it was cheaper and bc, at the time i bought hers, you couldn't get the kids version with anything but 8gb and I wanted 16. It's held up fine, although the charging port is a bit wonky now, which is a big complaint with these.

As for using it, my dd plays a few games, but mainly uses it for watching videos. It's a lot harder for her to navigate than an ipad. I wish it was more user friendly for little ones. My dd has a hard time getting back to the home screen, although she's getting better at it now. For the price, it's been a good little tablet. It doesn't compare to the ipad in any way, but I wasn't willing to spend the money on an ipad for a 2 year old.

I got mine on sale (not black friday though) I got the kindle fire 16 gb for $49, the kid proof case and a 2 year warranty...all of for under $100 USD. Oh, and my dd has dropped it many times and even spilt a bit of milk on it and it's still in great condition.

Thank you, it's the warranty that is winning me over, I have an iPad he can use but as he's so young and likes to throw things into the kitchen over the stair gate I'm thinking this is the safer bet!

We got 2 kindle fires before the sumer holidays for our 5 and 2 year old to use in the car for long drives. They love them. Mostly used for youtube, which has to be used in the browser because I don't think you can download the app. I love the timer feature on them. You can set how long you want them to be able to do each activity, eg books, or games. I'm not sure what happens after they have used their allocated time, because LOs usually only use it 5 minutes here and there. Also can set when kids nodes can be used. I think we paid about £40 for each. I agree about the wobbles charging port. One of ours has been a bit crap since we got it. I did intend to send it back but forgot.

Yes they do a deal on these for Black Friday. I bought mine last year. I think it's really good for the money you pay. Kids can navigate their way around it too no problem.

Lovely thanks, sounds similar to the Hudl in terms of parental controls so that's great. I shall hang fire until Black Friday :)

My 3yo got the regular fire for her birthday. It's okay, but nowhere near as good as my eldests samsung tab.
And you can download the YouTube app. Its all my daughter uses it for!

We got DD the kids fire last Christmas and she adores it still! They have a variety of games, access to YouTube and free Amazon prime for kids for a year. She uses it everyday and hasn't gotten bored of it at all, best money I've ever spent

I can't comment as we have I pads thanks to my work. However I got one of these covers for the one DD uses and it helps with the rough handling (not sure about throwing it over a stair gate though)

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 5
Forgot to add, ours are just the regular ones not the kids versions. Mrs Murphy would you mind sharing how I can youtube on there. Going on the browser drives me nuts.

Forgot to add, ours are just the regular ones not the kids versions. Mrs Murphy would you mind sharing how I can youtube on there. Going on the browser drives me nuts.

Emm I just searched in the app store bit. It is not the normal icon (red with white triangle) though, it is blue with white writing on it x

Emm I just searched in the app store bit. It is not the normal icon (red with white triangle) though, it is blue with white writing on it x

Doh, will check tomorrow. I always look for the red icon.

I got this for ds last year and it is good but he hardly plays on it all as he prefers OH samsung tablet. This year we are getting ds his own samsung tablet and re-wrapping the fire for dd as she likes it and wont realise. We have just bought her a pink case for it. Def hang on for black friday, think it went down to £60 last year.

it's £75 just now so i've ordered it :) now i'm wondering if i should hold out for cheaper though 🙈🙈🙈🙈

We got the kids kindle fire hd last year in black friday sale.
Ds LOVES it but we do limit his time on it.
The only thing I dont like is its not compatible with a lot of other things. It comes with its own "store" so things on android and ipad arent avalible.
We dont have a tablet so were all going to use ds one but have found we cant due to this so its worth noting.
The games are all excellent and its very easy to set time limits though.

DD got the kids fire last year and loves it. The preloaded content is brilliant and there is so much to chose from, games ebooks and TV shows. It is so robust and still looks new as well. I got mine from Very last year when they reduced it to £80 and then I used a £25 code they sent me to get the cost down to £55. I'd have happily paid full price though as it is something that has been used so much and is still enjoyed.

Handy thread, we talked about getting the kids one each for Christmas rather than some VTech thing.

Do the prices go much lower on Black Friday?

Not what you asked for but - the adult version is something my 6 year old had for Christmas last year it cost £35 on Amazon. It's been worth it, we've put it in an indestructible style case also. Highly recommend this! He has kids tube (YouTube) on there and full parental settings

Handy thread, we talked about getting the kids one each for Christmas rather than some VTech thing.

Do the prices go much lower on Black Friday?

Last year the kids Version was reduced to £69 for black friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->