Amelia just had first rusk.

Lol, my HV is pretty useless at weaning advice really. Never got much good info from them, or my mum (give her a bit of stew brigade). I'm going with what I feel this time round, last time was really stressful, think that's the only thing you can do. If it makes you feel bad, then don't do it. No point feeling miserable :)

was 3 months 7 years ago reckon it will be 9 months next year lol crazy world wish they would stick to one bloody age limit and be consistent!
Not a heated debate tho Kina and Layla know what Iam like and they aint the types to be funny for someone having different view points to them,cool gels they are.....in fact if I am honest i am probably in wrong here and definately in the minority,and TBH it doesnt rest that great coz I may well be doing something harmful so I think I am going to take Kina's and Layla's advice and lay off the weaning at the moment because I dont feel that comftable.

Bex

I didnt mean to make you feel bad Bex :hugs:

I just think maybe she is a little biy young, she must be doing well on milk alone for her weight to be that good.
I agre with the others, maybe speak to a diffrent HV to see if she can give a different view on things for you

x

My HV said I should give Seren some chips and ketchup for her to dip them in when she was 7 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that made me chuckle altho I know it isnt funny but good job you are a clued mummy can you imagine.

Cat yes she is quite older late 50's or so,I feel let down now and am defo 100% dropping the rusks as I know they make babies gain weight too quicker and Chloe was so fat I dont want that again as it hindered her development physically. (crawling/walking)

So will leave another few weeks and if she is still sleeping through and gaining I will wait til recommended time.

Thanks for advice and not making me feel bad girls,it is really appreciated

bex:hugs:

I didnt mean to make you feel bad Bex :hugs:

I just think maybe she is a little biy young, she must be doing well on milk alone for her weight to be that good.
I agre with the others, maybe speak to a diffrent HV to see if she can give a different view on things for you

x

Layla you didnt upset me or anything in fcat giving me good honest opinions like you and Kina did are very apreciated otherwise how would I have realised. I appreciated honesty and am glad you gave it hun
Thanks
Bex.x

Bexxie, go with what you feel is right, you know Amelia better than anyone. we all have different opinions on this one, as we do on most things. And all HV are also going to have different opinions on it too which is why we get such conflictling advice, if only they had strict guidlines they had to stick to so we all got the same advice!!! Personaly I dont see anything wrong with giving her a little bit of food if you think she needs it, but I would personally choose baby rice over rusks mainly becuase of the sugar content in rusks, you can get reduced sugar ones but im still not sure about them. I'd see how she goes, if she starts waking in the night then maybe she is hungry, or Like Kina has said she may have had a growth spurt, I remember Ella doing this at around the same age. Dont feel bad for any descisions you make, go with what you feel is right. Hope all goes well xxx

i agree with lauz! let us know how she gets on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->