"American style" pancakes

KimE

mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking for a tried and tested recipe for "American style" pancakes (like the little ones you get in the packets - scotch pancakes I think they're called - little, round and fluffy looking) with instructions on how to cook if anyone could help - would love to make Pops them for breakfast :happydance: Also, how long would the batter keep in the fridge for?

TIA :thumbup: xx

I make them with yogurt, but there are also plenty of recipes without.

150 ml milk
1 egg
150 ml natural yogurt
150 g self-raising flour
drizzle of maple syrup (optional)

Place the ingredients into a jug in order, then mix with an electric hand mixer. Heat a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan. Pour/spoon in dollops of the batter, turn them over when bubbly and almost set on the top.

Not sure how long the batter would keep, but the pancakes can be frozen if you sandwich them between pieces of greaseproof paper, and then reheated in a toaster.

Found this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/scotchpancakeswithbl_87797.shtml

You can do them with normal pancake mix - I do 2 eggs, 300ml milk and then add the flour til its the right thickness - just make the mix thicker than normal.
Then blob it onto a hot oiled pan and cook!

You can add sugar/syrup to the mix, but I choose not too.

Thanks guys :thumbup: sounds reasonably easy so might have a go tomorrow - cooking is not my forte though so it may go wrong!! Poor Poppy ... :wacko: xx

They are easy-- just flip them when there are a lot of bubbles on the top, you'll see what that means when you cook em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->