AMH levels

CareBear

Is considering whats next
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I had my AMH levels tested and they have come back as 72.48 pmol/L which appears to be quite high. I'm pleased with this as I think it means that I am not going to run out eggs any time soon but I don't really know what else to think. The letter just says that anything over 15 they would expect a higher than average risk of excessive response to ovarian stimulation. Information on the net says that a high result is indicative of pcos which I would be surprised at as this has never come up as a possibility before.

Was just wondering if anyone had any further information they were willing to share about amh levels? I what to do some cycles with femera or injectable sand us ttcing ourselves and then maybe trying iui do you think the clinic are going to let me progress with that plan with these amh levels? I'm due to get my fsh and lh tested but these have always come back as being within normal ranges before.

Thanks in advance for any help :flower:

I have a high AMH level which led to overstimulation when I did IVF. I ended up with 25 eggs on my first go and they wouldn't led me have egg transfer. In fact I couldn't have had egg transfer as none of the eggs fertilised, possibly due to the fact that so many meant they were low quality. They changed my protocol for the second attempt to one specifically for over responders (and it was successful).

I also have high AMH, and was able to progress through the different fertility meds. I did clomid, then letrozole, and the only reason I wasn't able to do IUI was because of male factor infertility. So now we are at IVF.

I don't think that having high levels would mean that you are unable to try these different things. You just need to be aware that there is a very real risk that you will over respond, and therefore will need close monitoring to ensure you don't develop OHSS, which can be very dangerous. I would definitely question whether you have PCOS, though, because such a high level of AMH is strongly associated with it - I also have it. It does mean that you have a large number of eggs available, but you need to make sure that you response is reasonable, in terms of time it takes, and the number of follicles you produce.

Thanks Nik for your reply, I have taken clomid and had a good response which is now explained why but at that time I believe I had high prolactin levels which would impact on the other hormones and I know it specifically impacts on progesterone so I am hoping that femara would be the key for us especially as my prolactin levels are now under control and I am actually ovulating by myself for the first time in years. Its good to hear that someone else had high AMH and was allowed to still have ovulation stimulation drugs and IUI as this is what I want to do. I won't be doing IVF so I was concerned they were just going to say there is nothing else they can do. I'm hoping to do ovulation stimulation cycles and then maybe IUI with hormone support on both parts of the cycle.

Sorry for the waffle and thanks again for sharing your experience. I will definitely be seeing if the consultant has any thoughts about PCOS! ITs weird though as the main thing I remember reading about PCOS is that it prevents people from losing weight - I am very petite and have difficulties putting weight on and drop weight really easily! Will be interesting to see what the consultant thinks when we get the other blood tests done and the results in. I will also be interested to see what my FSH and LH results come back as they have always been in the good range before.

this is the main thing with me. I'm absolutely tiny. As in, almost classified as underweight! It's not that I don't eat, I'm the same as you. I find it very difficult to put on weight, and then can lose it very easily. Just because a lot of cases present this way, doesn't mean that it's an absolute symptom! Hormone levels, and ultimately a scan, are the only ways to truly diagnose it!

I have a high AMH level which led to overstimulation when I did IVF. I ended up with 25 eggs on my first go and they wouldn't led me have egg transfer. In fact I couldn't have had egg transfer as none of the eggs fertilised, possibly due to the fact that so many meant they were low quality. They changed my protocol for the second attempt to one specifically for over responders (and it was successful).[/QUOTE]

Hi

Just wondering if anyone had advice...

We are about to start ICSI in January after my OH's 2 x failed vasectomy reversals. I have just had the results of my bloods ~ FSH 6.2 and AMH 75.5. Our consultant explained about being cautious for OHSS and that it might mean I have PCOS. I was so naive and assumed I would be fine if we could get the swimmers out!! I am now stressing out over this. Has anyone else had such a high AMH and got a positive result? I am 31 and don't have any other characteristics of PCOS, regular 30 day cycle, slim-ish etc.

Many many thanks for replies and babydust to all xxx

Hi

Just wondering if anyone had advice...

We are about to start ICSI in January after my OH's 2 x failed vasectomy reversals. I have just had the results of my bloods ~ FSH 6.2 and AMH 75.5. Our consultant explained about being cautious for OHSS and that it might mean I have PCOS. I was so naive and assumed I would be fine if we could get the swimmers out!! I am now stressing out over this. Has anyone else had such a high AMH and got a positive result? I am 31 and don't have any other characteristics of PCOS, regular 30 day cycle, slim-ish etc.

Many many thanks for replies and babydust to all xxx

Hi,

High AMH levels is typical of PCOS. I am like you, and have very few of the symptoms...but I still have it.

I did ICSI in October, and had a good result. Managed to get 23 eggs. I shared them, so had 12 to myself, of which I now have two frozen blastocysts. My response was extremely high, and I ended up being hospitalised with severe OHSS, so I had to cancel my IVF cycle after collection, hence the freezing. So I guess it's still a good result?

If they know that you have a high AMH level, then typically they will keep you on the lowest dose possible, and monitor you closely, to try and reduce the risk of OHSS as much as possible. From my point of view, it may be worth opting to freeze them straight away, if you are starting to show signs of OHSS around the time of collection - OHSS will typically get worse following transfer, because the pregnancy will put your hormone levels even higher.

I am now going to go back at the beginning of February, in order to do my frozen cycle. I have completely recovered from the OHSS now, so my body will be healthier for the transfer than it was during my fresh cycle.

I hope this has helped a bit? My response was really uncommon, but OHSS is something that happens (apparently quite often) with high AMH.

My husband had a vasectomy reversal last year, and although it was "successful" his motility and morphology were too low to conceive naturally. They suggested ICSI, I'm 35 and have 2 children from a previous marriage. We decided to do PGS so we were intending to do a freeze only cycle, but they said my AMH was high (over 10) so we would have to do a freeze only cycle. What were your AMH levels/how many eggs at retrieval? and tips would be GREATLY appreciated.
:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->