Amnion not fused?

NDH

5 on earth, 9 in heaven, 1 in utero
Reaction score
I had a scan at 14+1 to source some bleeding. I have an SCH, but the sonographer also pointed out that the amnion isn't fused which she said is unusual not to have happened by now but it isn't a concern until 16 weeks. Anyone know what kind of concern an unfused amnion is? Or what that even means?

I am a tech and I do see this ALL THE TIME. Don't worry, it will fuse in the next 2 weeks.

Initially there are 2 membranes around baby. Chorion and amnion. At around 12-16 weeks they fuse together to form 1 membrane. You see this all the time at the nuchal scan (or first trimester scan). I have attached an image with the arrows pointing to the membrane.

Attachments

• NT.jpg
    NT.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 13
Are we talking amnio chorio not being fused? I was recently told mine is separating due to a placental abruption cause by being hit by a car. They told me the only big deal would be my water breaking but I also have a complete previa so if that happened of just bleed instead of noticing waters.

I also looked up amnio chorio separationg and read that it can cause amniotic bands. I guess those cause deformations and yeah or for me kind of worried :(

I thought fused amnion means 2 or more amniotic sacs fuse into 1 in a multiple pregnancy. I mean, I have heard of amniotic sacs fusing even in twin pregnancies(but with twins it is quite rare).

I can assure you that was not the case as this post is now 5 years old.
What were you searching that this post came up and you made an account to post on it? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->