Amy Sue Mcbride- Born 28/02/2009

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
well girls i have finall got round to writing amy's birth story so here goes. As most of you know i had major placenta previa and on friday 27 feb i was at home and had my 3rd bleed so me and OH rushed back into the hospital and they checked bp, inserted canular, all the usual stuff. i was told to let them know of how much im bleeding. it didnt seem to bad so i started to relax. i was then put on monitor to check baby a few times and she was doing fine. a stupid annoying doctor then came round to see me and said "i would like to give you an injection for pain as the monitor is showing you to be having contractions every 10 minutes" i was like "am i" ? lol well i refused any painkillers as i wasnt actually in pain i was just uncomfortable.

the doctor came back 3 times after that trying to get me to have this injection and my OH was getting annoyed by this point and said no she doesnt want it. i was then told that we were going to be moved to different hospital because incase baby comes they dont have any room on scbu for her, so this stressed us out even more but we had no choice. we was then told that at 6am sat morning we will be transported to naneuaeton (sp) we could not believe this!!!! it was ridiculous.

maybe somone was watching but my OH then went out for fag 30 mins later and i went to the toilet, as i got to the toilet i felt a gush and about half pint of blood literally fell out of me :-( i panicked and called someone and the midwife looking after me said "there is no way your going anywhere, we have to deliver this baby now, i have seen what a heamorhage can do and im not taking that risk with you" she was fantastic!!

before i knew it i had doctors, midwifes, consiltants and anethitists (sp) round my bed telling me i would be going to theatre for a emegency c section at 8.30am!!! i was shocked and obviously wasnt expecting this, so i signed few forms and was made aware of a possible major bleed during delivery but i didnt care at this point i just wanted it over with.

i went down and had my spinal and was attached to all the scary looking heart wires, needles were jabbed into me left right and center and 10 mins later i was all numb and then my OH joined me!!

he was watchin them cut me open ewwwwwwwwwww :rofl: and then all of a sudden a heard i cry and i knew from then on that baby amy was ok :cloud9: me and my OH looked at eachother and shed a few tears, it was really emotional. after a couple of minutes they showed us baby and then just like that she was gone, off to scubu. my OH then left whie they continued to sew me up lol i went into recovery for 15 minutes and then went back up onto the ward.
i had such mixed emotions as i was so happy to have my baby yet she wasnt here with me, but i was on :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
it then took me all my strength and all day lol to get up out of bed and into a chair so they could wheel me down to see her.

i was out of hospital by monday afternoon and all is ok!! amy is still in hospital and will be for a few weeks but shes 100% breathing on her own, she just needs to regulate her own temperature and gain weight :)

i just knew i wouldnt of lasted out till 39 weeks like the consultant first said i had to. just goes to show the babies always have othr ideas :rofl:

Congratulations hun, hope she's home with you soon :hugs:

Congratulations once again sweetie :happydance::cloud9:
Baby Amy is utterly gorgeous and she is such a little fighter.. she will be home in no time at all!!
:hugs::hugs:

xx

Congrats hun!
Hope she gets to come home to you very soon!

:hug:

congratz hunn, hope lo continues to get big and strong for you so she can come home.

:hug::hug:

Congrats!! So exciting to have your little one. And glad she's doing well!

Congrats Chel! It won't be long till Amy is home with you.:hugs:

Congratulations! Her pics in third-tri are beautiful!

Congratulations hun
Hope she is home with you soon.
How much did she weigh? xx

Congratulations, I almost cried when i read the part about when you heard her cry you knew she was okay :cloud9:

Im so glad it all worked out really well and that you both are doing so well.

I was getting worried with all that bleeding.

I love that pic you sent me, shes perfect :cloud9:

Hopefully my little Ruby will be just as much of a looker :)

Huge hugs :hugs:

Congrats hun, hope little princess is with u soon at home, shes such a strong girl and so are u :) x

Congratulations :) I hope she is home with you soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"